Was told to use Resort address as my address for mymagic+ bands?

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
Was wondering if this makes sense to anyone.. or if anyone has done this yet..

I booked a quick trip recently that has me arriving too soon from now to ship the mymagic+ bands to my house. So when setting up the app/website to customize my bands and start picking some fastpass times my travel agent said to type in my resort address for where it asks for my own address. This way they said the bands would be sent to the Pop Century and be waiting for me.

Does this make sense to you? It just feels a little weird to type the Pop Centuries address when it asks me for my address on the website/app. Has anyone else done this?

Any thoughts/advice appreciated.. thanks!

stevehousse

I have heard tht if it is too late the bands will jut automatically be waiting for u at resort for pick up. If the MdE site is telling to enter your address, u can always put your own. When is your trip? Magic bands get shipped usually 30 days before a vacation. If day if your tripod 2 weeks or less, then use the resort. I know that for people out of the country, MBs r automatically sent to te resort.

Tom

Beta Return
This does not make sense. Disney will automatically ship your Magic Bands based on far ahead of your trip you are. I believe if it's fewer than 10 days, they'll be at your resort. Further than that, and they'll ship them to your home.

You will want your address to be your home address so that Disney has your correct information. Don't put the resort address in there as your own.

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
I'm less than the 2 week limit so it has to be sent to the resort. The reason that they said to use the resort address is they wanted to make sure its sent there and not sent to my home address.. and without putting an address in it won't let me pick the colors of the bands. I'm concerned it would be hard to switch colors once we got there if they aren't set up beforehand :(

danniyell

Out whichever address you want to receive your bands at. I am in the UK I don't have a choice as the bands don't ship to uk yet so I had to put the resort address - they shipped to there and they were exactly what I ordered.
I suppose the other thing to think about is - don't forget to take them with you when you start on your way to your trip. Also it saves on more baggage and packing to pick up there!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Definitely use your home address. Entering the Resort address will mess up your DME account information [it gets messed up all by itself occasionally, no need to help it].

There is no "changing" colours once you arrive. The MB colours you select in your DME account have to be completed by the deadline they provide or you get grey. Similarly, if you lose an MB, you get grey as your replacement.

stevehousse

Definitely use your home address. Entering the Resort address will mess up your DME account information [it gets messed up all by itself occasionally, no need to help it].

There is no "changing" colours once you arrive. The MB colours you select in your DME account have to be completed by the deadline they provide or you get grey. Similarly, if you lose an MB, you get grey as your replacement.
Actually the first time a person looses a MB, they WILL get the same color band that was lost. If they loose it any more times than that, then you will only get a grey band. We were told this when my son lost his band at DHS...

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Actually the first time a person looses a MB, they WILL get the same color band that was lost. If they loose it any more times than that, then you will only get a grey band. We were told this when my son lost his band at DHS...
I have no direct experience, so I'll take your word on this. The online information I found indicated otherwise, but it wasn't direct from Disney so could be wrong.

LucyK

If you live outside the US it's your only option since they don't ship internationally (no, not even Canada this time!).

Tom

Beta Return
If you live outside the US it's your only option since they don't ship internationally (no, not even Canada this time!).

You still put your own address in the online account. Disney will figure it on their own and send them to the resort without any prompting from the guest.

Raeskull

I'm less than the 2 week limit so it has to be sent to the resort. The reason that they said to use the resort address is they wanted to make sure its sent there and not sent to my home address.. and without putting an address in it won't let me pick the colors of the bands. I'm concerned it would be hard to switch colors once we got there if they aren't set up beforehand :(
We are from Ireland, we stayed onsite in November. We used the resort address for are magic bands and there was no problem, when we got to our resort our bands were there waiting for us. As international visitors we have no other way we can do this , have done the same for this November and we're staying at a different resort. For us the site won't accept an international address so this is the only way we can customize and as I said we had no problems.

LucyK

You still put your own address in the online account. Disney will figure it on their own and send them to the resort without any prompting from the guest.
EDITED: You're right. I edited the address and left my own there. I hope the bands make their way to POFQ!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom