Walt's restaurant closing? Railroad re-opening postponed again.

douglasrickard

Original Poster
They didn't share this at the media expo... but Walt's An American Restaurant will be closed all of October and November according to ED92 who says they don't have further information past November. The official website says it's hugely popular but Curious Axel is saying the latest rumours are, that it's closing indefinitely.

I'd pushed a Christmas Season visit from November to early December this year to catch the Disneyland Railroad operating, but now ED92 has also said the re-opening of this is being pushed to mid December! Forget it, we'll pencil in a visit for spring next year instead.

At the FanDaze event in 2018 I remember the feeling that Catherine Powell really knew what Paris park fans loved. I understand Marni1971 had a great visit and it IS still a beautiful park worth visiting, but I get the impression, just by noticing news like the above, that 2018 may have been a plateau in its improvement until the WDS expansion. I don't know the name of the person in charge on site now, and I hope I'm wrong, but it's little foxes like this that may begin to spoil the vines.

cjkeating

I wouldn't worry too much about the general direction of park standards... I haven't noticed any decline this year and if anything I would say show standards are continuing to improve. I just got back from WDW and I would say show quality standards are generally better at DLP than MK right now following the EEP works. We also go the amazing Lion King and Jungle Season which knocks most US parks entertainment out of the water.

I would say one thing that has changed since the 25th is TWDC now has overall control so along with the benefits this brings the park now has to fund Chapek's cost saving initiatives that happen when things go bad. As much as a I love the Railroad and Walt's they are both labour intensive and serve a small number of people, both easily reversible cuts that once the penny pinching is over.

Sir_Cliff

I'll be disappointed if they really are closing Walt's for a few months as I'm going to be in DLP in October and always eat there. How is it that dining seems to represent a money pit for DLP and a profit center for all the other resorts? They always seem to be locking up their restaurants early and chasing people away come dinner time. That has always been one of the great mysteries of DLP for me.

margybear

I'll be disappointed if they really are closing Walt's for a few months as I'm going to be in DLP in October and always eat there. How is it that dining seems to represent a money pit for DLP and a profit center for all the other resorts? They always seem to be locking up their restaurants early and chasing people away come dinner time. That has always been one of the great mysteries of DLP for me.
I second this question! Just back from a trip last week (25th-28th November). I mean, it was a very very quiet week, don't get me wrong... But there were 2 table service restaurants open in Studios, and 2 open in Disneyland Park (Captain Jacks and Plaza Gardens). No Walt's, no Silver Spur Steakhouse... But the restaurants that were open were at capacity? It just baffled me when I was there. Couldn't help but feel like the food options were incredibly limited (without forking over a lot for the more premium restaurants!).

PixarPerfect

Oops, didn't see this thread before creating another. If it's really closed all through March, that's a 6 month closure? Does this mean it's not opening again?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom