Walt Video Question

tonypitt

Original Poster
My Tivo picks up all kinds of Disney Parks related programs. One of the video clips that frequently is on those programs is a segment of Walt standing in front of a giant wall that has a map of the entire Walt Disney World complex envisioned at that time. In the video he's pointing at different things with a long stick and explaining things to the audience.

In all the different programs where I've seen this clip, not once have I heard the actual audio (it's usually just tossed into a montage where the new narrator is speaking) or seen more than 5-10 seconds of the clip. I'm assuming this is from an old Wonderful World of Disney broadcast.

I think it would be interesting to hear Walt talk about his original vision and compare that map to the actual park that was built and exists today. Can anyone point me in the direction of a program or some other source that shows this original video in its entirety?

brkgnews

For the record, that was the film that Walt made to show Florida residents (and legislators -- two slightly different versions were reportedly made) just what the heck they were going to be doing in Florida. I believe the flim has several unofficial titles, but it's primarily known as the "EPCOT" film (EPCOT the city, not the park). If memory serves, it was made in October 1966, and Walt died about two months later. Definitely a nice film to watch. You can really see his enthusiasm for the project -- and it's neat to see some of the ideas that made it (and some that didn't). CoP geeks (that'd be me) will also grip on the fanciful version of "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" playing behind the traffic flow description. The song was about two years old at the time, still enjoying widespread recognition following its run at the 64 Worlds Fair, so folks at the time would have recognized it and known what it symbolized.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom