Walt Disney's words from another troubling time...

popkid

Original Poster
from the walt disney travel co:

I would also like to share some words that were spoken 60 years ago by the man whose 100th birthday we are about to celebrate - Walt Disney. They were spoken on March 1, 1941, during another troubling time. But, as Walt understood, our nation would steadfastly surmount its challenges and continue to move forward. This is as true today as it was then. Here is what he said:

"Once a man has tasted freedom, he will never be content to be a slave. That is why I believe that this frightfulness we see everywhere today is only temporary. Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life. All men will want to be free and share our way of life. There must be so much that I should have said, but haven't. What I will say now is just what most of us are probably thinking every day. I thank God and America for the right to live and raise my family under the flag of tolerance, democracy, and freedom."

DisneyFreak

In a way it's sad that old words still ring true. Like Walt's words, and those from former presidents that I posted in another thread, tells me that history, as hard as it might, is trying to teach us a lesson......we just haven't been able to learn it.
usa%203.gif

MrPromey

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer
I read part of that on the Disney Store Website... I think Walt has a quote for everything!!

He does, actually. I have two books with nothing but his quotes listed in alphabetical order on topic ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom