Walt Disney's original E.P.C.O.T.

monorail_driver

Original Poster
I am currently doing a research project of Walt Disney's original EPCOT (his experimental prototype community of tomorrow). I've found a great site at waltopia.com, but just want more information on his plans for this city.

On waltopia.com they compare things that are planned to what is (http://waltopia.com/vision.html) and mention an "Airport of the Future," which I would really like to know about. Please give me any facts that you know to be true, or any great links to sites that tell about Disney's EPCOT (not the theme park).

If you have any quotes that Walt says in reference to E.P.C.O.T. please list them here too.

If you have come across any books, please recommend them also. Thanks in advance for all the advice you have to give!

Yoop33

I don't really have any info but have you been to the park latley? I am sure you would be able to find books or even a cast member that can point you in the right direction. If you find the right Castmember they love to have the heads picked at. Good Luck sounds like a great topic!!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
If i recall correctly - the Disney Classic DVD for Disneyland has the EPCOT film on it. That'd be a good place to start.

mickey04

Yes, Walt Disney Treasures: Tomorrowland has the entire video (a great buy btw), but I think you can find that same video at waltopia.com. Honestly that website is your absolute best resource as far as I know. You can get plenty of quotes from there, including the entire script for the movie.

If there are any specifics you'd like to know, you can PM me and I'll try to answer any of your questions (I've been interested in the whole EPCOT thing for years). :wave:

Tim G

monorail_driver said:
I am currently doing a research project of Walt Disney's original EPCOT (his experimental prototype community of tomorrow). I've found a great site at waltopia.com, but just want more information on his plans for this city.

On waltopia.com they compare things that are planned to what is (http://waltopia.com/vision.html) and mention an "Airport of the Future," which I would really like to know about. Please give me any facts that you know to be true, or any great links to sites that tell about Disney's EPCOT (not the theme park).

If you have any quotes that Walt says in reference to E.P.C.O.T. please list them here too.

If you have come across any books, please recommend them also. Thanks in advance for all the advice you have to give!

1st... STOP shouting...
2nd. Buy a DVD and a book... look on Ebay and Amazon.com

But please don'r bother all the forum members with these BIG words...!

Yoop33

Corrus said:
1st... STOP shouting...
2nd. Buy a DVD and a book... look on Ebay and Amazon.com

But please don'r bother all the forum members with these BIG words...!

?????? Where did that come from? :veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom