News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Touchdown

Nothing to do with guest experience, but all to do with spending/profit per person.
That only works for so long and then blows up spectacularly see CedarFair 10 years ago. It’s probably time Disney is humbled, just hope it doesn’t go under as this likely to time up with a slump in their movie business (2019 was the apex for a lot of their properties) and as they try to transition to streaming.

DVCakaCarlF

That only works for so long and then blows up spectacularly see CedarFair 10 years ago. It’s probably time Disney is humbled, just hope it doesn’t go under as this likely to time up with a slump in their movie business (2019 was the apex for a lot of their properties) and as they try to transition to streaming.
I assure you, bob has a plan to divest anything on dirt.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I'm angered by the lack of a (direct DVC purchase) discount on the Incredipass after the massive price hike on all APs. Sorcerer actually works nicely for me with the switch of blackout days, but I would have paid more for the top pass so I don't have to think about when I want to go. The pulling back of AP discounts makes me angry and freezes any though I had of buying another contract in the near future. They need to differentiate the product more if they want people to pay the direct premium.
I will admit that the lack of discount was a bit of a surprise to us, but not enough to cause us to not buy in. We wouldn't even think of buying the top tier pass, as we would never go during those times anyway. The reason that it doesn't anger us is simple - we bought into DVC over 15 years ago, and have never expected any kind of discounts at all. We bought in to save solely on our resort costs (which have saved us literally ten's of thousands of dollars over the years), and not at all for any discounts which may or may not have been available. Our first guide told us over and over back then NOT to buy if we were expecting discounts. It was good advice then, and works now as well.

pdude81

I will admit that the lack of discount was a bit of a surprise to us, but not enough to cause us to not buy in. We wouldn't even think of buying the top tier pass, as we would never go during those times anyway. The reason that it doesn't anger us is simple - we bought into DVC over 15 years ago, and have never expected any kind of discounts at all. We bought in to save solely on our resort costs (which have saved us literally ten's of thousands of dollars over the years), and not at all for any discounts which may or may not have been available. Our first guide told us over and over back then NOT to buy if we were expecting discounts. It was good advice then, and works now as well.
I know none of it is guaranteed. I just think it's greedy and stupid to pull back on the perks for direct members when they still have resorts to sell. I'll continue with AP for the foreseeable future, but now I have to play the nickel and dime game with Sorcerer passes and only one Photopass upgrade. They are headed for trouble if they are ing off pixie dusters such as myself. Others are far less forgiving

I had been looking at options for a new contract moving forward, but that's on hold until while I compare and contrast the experience here with my Premier Universal APs that cost half of what WDW charges and gives me free express pass after 4pm. I really enjoyed my stay at the Hard Rock this summer also

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
1424A8D8-BDA1-4965-BBE2-79D0E0DA90A6.jpeg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
WDW doesn't have the immense overcrowding issue that her sister resort has in California. I don't see why this is happening beyond @Sirwalterraleigh 's assessment of encouraging people to come in other seasons (@wdwmagic mentions crowd management as well). Mayhaps it forces AP renewals as well since its a matter of 'use it or lose it' without a promise of a future purchase timeframe? Or it's to prevent the issues that are occurring in DL at the moment with passes not having reservation access.

Woof.
Woof indeed
*Disney spits in customers’ faces*
Disney Apologist : Don’t freak out, Disney will to the right thing and wipe off your face.

Disney Apologist : Disney is a business, they can do what they want, and let’s not act like other companies don’t do this too.

Disney Apologist : In many cultures, spitting in someone’s face is a sign of respect and admiration.

Disney Apologist : The only people complaining about this are Disney haters that never go to the parks anyway. I’ve already booked my next 3 trips to WDW!
I’ve never seen a better, more accurate, shorter description of the post Eisner era of Disney management…they should put a bronze plaque on a wall somewhere with this👍🏻
Do you have any idea what their end goal for attendance management is? I assume capacity is still capped to some degree for pandemic restrictions - but what's their thinking regarding post-pandemic? Will we see the return of 2019 crowds, or will Disney continue to cap some groups such as local APs to preserve the guest experience for everyone else? I've noticed that even on the business of the last couple days, wait time is especially in the evening have been very reasonable. I just wonder how long that will continue.
Just a theory…

the plague has allowed them to engage in even more “social engineering” talked about in the cigar filled rooms in the New York financial district…

so they are attempting to see just how far they can push cost cutting, increases, and restrictions designed fo both cut costs and increase prices…

…just a hunch/opinion.

it really isn’t - nor ever was - about “crowd management”

also…never trust anyone named “Bob”

Ayla

But they are also angering their DVC customers, and turning away people like me who are out of state and buy an AP every few years (I currently have one, so not me personally.) Disney is dangerously close to killing the golden goose here, us out of state fans are a lot of free marketing and we help people plan their trips. If word gets around that even we aren’t going to Disney now, on top of the current high prices, they could suddenly see a real drop in demand. All at a time when international travel is going to be suppressesed. I’m not surprised they did this in Anaheim but I’m shocked they just did this out East. I’m not usually an alarmist but I think this could really blow up in their faces and cause long term damage.
The fact I am not buying any tickets for our week long rented DVC stay has given my extended family pause. They are now considering not doing any of the parks, either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom