News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Disstevefan1

Did this and they said I’d be able to upgrade assuming Disney doesn’t change a rule they’ve always had lol. So I bought the pixie dust pass. Thanks for the tip!!
Excellent! I honestly do think they won't change the rules and you will be able to upgrade.

Going forward, I would be interested in your experiences as a local using Park Pass Reservations. Specifically, your ability to get same day reservations.

bhg469

We are coming close to renewal and will most likely not. I did look at the site however and even though we have sorcerer passes, the default option was the incredipass. I am a little surprised that it gave an option of upgrading passes.. I am NOT surprised that it defaulted to a more expensive pass.

JaxFLBear

We are coming close to renewal and will most likely not. I did look at the site however and even though we have sorcerer passes, the default option was the incredipass. I am a little surprised that it gave an option of upgrading passes.. I am NOT surprised that it defaulted to a more expensive pass.
You can renew to any of the pass levels for which you are eligible for. As a FL Resident (per your profile), that's the Pixie Dust Pass, Pirate Pass, Sorcerer Pass and Incredi-Pass levels.

Last edited:

Basil of Baker Street

They don't need to sell any AP's right but if the need ever arises, one solution could be APs with entry limits. i.e good for 90 entries or 120 entries/per year, etc. As an out of stater, I would buy a 45 day pass. Go a couple of weeks and maybe a few long weekends. I'm not doing that buying tickets.

tanc

With the current Disneyland prices.... I have a feeling WDW is going to go up as well. We went from $850+ in 2018 to likely $1500+ this year. The inspire key cost is $1600 for Disney Land.

Animaniac93-98

With the current Disneyland prices.... I have a feeling WDW is going to go up as well. We went from $850+ in 2018 to likely $1500+ this year. The inspire key cost is $1600 for Disney Land.

And just for historical comparison, it was just 10 years ago that a regular AP (with 365 days admission to all four parks and free parking) broke the $500 barrier.

A 4-Day base ticket for the end of September will set you back almost $500 after tax. Not surprised that APs would be so much more.

They've erased the value of buying any kind of multi-day pass vs a single day...and now you have to pay for FastPass too.

You're almost better off buying a 2-day hopper, cramming in everything worth doing and moving on to something else.

Excellent! I honestly do think they won't change the rules and you will be able to upgrade.

Going forward, I would be interested in your experiences as a local using Park Pass Reservations. Specifically, your ability to get same day reservations.
Will keep you updated! I've been checking the last few days, and so far it seems like you can get a reservation for any park same day except for MK - will keep checking though now that we're hitting a "lower" crowd season.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Not selling APs is just guaranteeing more $ from dvc members who visit the parks and have to use or rent their points each year and no have time pay more for tickets if they didn’t renew APs

I know some dvc guests don’t always visit the parks, but those that do are likely now giving Disney even more money

JoeCamel

Not selling APs is just guaranteeing more $ from dvc members who visit the parks and have to use or rent their points each year and no have time pay more for tickets if they didn’t renew APs

I know some dvc guests don’t always visit the parks, but those that do are likely now giving Disney even more money
Bob says 40% more

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

They've gone all in on taking DVC members for granted at this point. Between the insane direct/direct resale point prices and now shutting off the AP spigot, it's clear they don't care because they firmly believe that for every 1 DVC member moving on, there are 4 more to take their place.

They are really missing the mark on this, my gut reaction is that once you loose a DVC member, they aren't coming back.
6q85v5.jpg

matt9112

I think it’s crazy the top tier Disneyland pass now has blockout dates too…legitimately spend the most on a pass and technically might still need to buy day tickets. Insane.

Disstevefan1

We gotta remember the DVC main selling point was to save money on accommodations; being able to stay in deluxe accommodations for a much lower cost. DVC folks are saving so much on accommodations they have plenty of $$ for tickets. ;)

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I think it’s crazy the top tier Disneyland pass now has blockout dates too…legitimately spend the most on a pass and technically might still need to buy day tickets. Insane.
It's a feature, not a bug. Don't like it don't renew. AND they really hope you don't renew.

Disstevefan1

The Magic Key lawsuit centered around "No Blackout Dates".
Problem Solved :)

As a safeguard against lawsuits related to the WDW annual passes, the top tier WDW AP will probably be replaced with a more expensive AP with blackouts. :)

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I had the hardest time renewing my AP in July. My old pass was in the gold tier and since I moved out of state last summer, the CM told me I didn't qualify for any renewal tier since technically none were an option for out of state guests. Fortunately, since my parents are DVC, he was kind enough to override the system and renew me to Sorcerer level.

matt9112

The Magic Key lawsuit centered around "No Blackout Dates".
Problem Solved :)

As a safeguard against lawsuits related to the WDW annual passes, the top tier WDW AP will probably be replaced with a more expensive AP with blackouts. :)

As long as they stop calling the Florida version annual passes I’m ok. Rename it the “when we need bodies we will call” pass

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom