Walt Disney World of Yesteryear......what would you want back??

TheDisneyBoy

Original Poster
Some one had a thread out there asking which ride, if removed, would anger them the most. I thought that this was a very interesting thread. Always cool to see what others think. Now.....I want to know one thing you would want to see return to WDW from years past. It can be anything.....a ride, a transportation system, a character, a restaurant, etc. For me....there is no ONE thing, and I assume there is no ONE thing for any of you, so go ahead and list a few. What do you miss???

For me..... 1.) The non-tacky, pre-1994 Futureworld in EPCOT.
2.) A more toned down, relaxed WDW, without things like Downtown Disney.
3.) Horizons

Tigggrl

Horizons! That is a definate! Also, The original JIYA, And I also miss the flower carts on Main Street.....
Tig:animwink:

orlpassholder

i like mr toad nowinc :)

horizons for sure

I would have to say 20k and skyway I miss allot I remember those so much as a kid. Thank god my dad filmed 20000 leagues on one of our trips before they closed it so I have the whole ride on video good quality too :)

NowInc

I was going to say Horizons, but i figured it would be a tad bit too obvious ;) hehe

There were a lot of "rare" old stuff that I liked...little things really...such as the population counter..that always made my day when I was that as a kid....

Cosmo

i cry myself to sleep every night and wish upon every star that Mr. Toad will come back....

(ok...maybe not THAT bad...but that's what i'd want) Still have my "Save Toad T-Shirt"!

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
I'd have to say they need to bring back Horizons, World of Motion, DreamFlight, the original JIYI with Figment, and Mr. Toad.

Lhriangel

See if you want Mr. Toad's Wild Ride you are just going to have to come to California to visit it. *smiles sweetly*

As for what I miss.. I miss something I've only heard about. The Wildhorse Saloon in PI. I miss that cause they replaced it with stupid Motions which makes my head spin. And cause I like line dancing (knows this is going to insure you all think she's insane). Hey I'm sure I'm not the only one the flashing lights at Motion gives headaches to...

Angelique

DisJosh

One other thing I would change...keep the turkey legs in Fronteirland!! i mean they have at like all the parks now dont they? Biting into one of those huge legs just isnt a unique experience any more. EVERYONE knows about 'em. Where as when they were just in Fronteiland it was this great little secret.

burbur

motion does not suck. grr... that was my favorite place to dance on monday and thursday nights. of course, it doesn't compare to the clubs downtown, but it was still cool for disney. especially more recently when they stopped playing slower songs and stuck with mostly rap and pop.

Lhriangel

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and in mine.. I do NOT like Motion. I've walked out of there too many a night with a migraine. I LIKE slower music.. I mean if you are at PI on a date.. there is little to zilch dance to that is NOT fast. Maybe.. MAYBE 8 Trax if you it it on a right now.. Jazz club but that doens't have dancing. See what I mean? Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic though *blah*. All my friends liked Motions... I went ... I survived but.. I didn't really enjoy myself.. (well except the night I was buzzed but ...lets not go there lol).

pupu kala

We used to go every year when I was a kid, and for most of those years the Magic Kingdom was the only park. Going back now, I'd really miss:

20,000 Leagues under the sea
Mr. Toad
The magic shop
The penny arcade

And at the Polynesian Village:
Being able to swim in the Seven Seas Lagoon
The old names for the buildings
I was feeling nostalgic about the old pool being gone, but I'm looking forward to a future visit and seeing the new one

DanStat

Things I Want Back...

The Radio Disney Boat Ride in AK...Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...the Skyway...Horizons...& JIYI with the beloved Figment!

BRING BACK FIGMENT!:mad: <~~ I ain't got time for that riffraff w/o Figment! The Disney Imagineers must have gone fool when they took Figment away!

Lance

Yeah, going with pupu kala,

I miss swimming in Bay Lake on the FW beach, that was always a good time.

Also, bring back the FW train that ran through the campground, I was never alive to see it but I always go by the tracks and think of how cool it must have been.

I don't think any of the attractions should be brought back, only Horizons and 20,000 leagues.

Skyway cause i never got to go on it cause i was to much of a chicken s@#t, the time i was going to go on it it was closed early for "rehab" and it never opened again.
JII
Horizons
mr.toad
World of Motion

Brett

Bring it back!!

Definently Horizons....who doesn't wanna see that ride back??

I miss the old signs in EPCOT that pointed you to the rides. You know the ones with the picture that represented the ride. I'm pretty sure those are gone cause I didn't notice them this past summer, but I used to love seeing those things.

I'd also like to see the Communicore come back. I understand that Innoventions is there now because Communicore needed an overhaul, but I remember that game where you could build roller coasters and ride them. That was a must every visit to EPCOT.

In the Magic Kingdom, I'm still dumbfounded with the loss of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. It was classic!!!

Let's get the old Enchanted Tiki Room back instead of this already tired Zazu and Iago act.

Brett

Oh and I forgot!! The WEDWay PeopleMover ruled! I know the TTA is the same, but come on, WEDWay was the original and I miss it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom