Walt Disney World now accepting reservations from June 1 and later and offers Free Dining Plan

Ghostdog

I cancelled our April 7-14 trip due to the extended closure. I’m not ready to jump back in making another reservation at this time or sending a deposit on a vacation that may or may not end up being cancelled in these uncertain times. I’ll hang onto my money for now. Our travel can wait until the world is back to normal. Stay healthy!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disney4life2008

This is the first time the park has closed entirely (including resorts, springs, etc), so I’m sure there will be some event to signify the opening...even if it’s just a special on ABC.

LOL I'm not laughing at you but you do know that is highly unlikely to occur. The old Disney yes, but new Disney is not putting any money or time into a Disney special outside of the God awful Christmas specials.

I do not think the parks will do anything to signify a grand reopening. I do think they will do something special the first day but even that is questionable.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
To be clear, "not accepting new reservations" until June 1 doesn't mean it opens in June 1, correct? It could open sooner. I already have a trip planned for the week of 5/25 so hope it will be open by Memorial Day.
Yes at this point anything is possible fromMay 1 onwards, which is when the government restrictions are set to expire. They of course could change.

Be prepared to make changes.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Yes at this point anything is possible fromMay 1 onwards, which is when the government restrictions are set to expire. They of course could change.

I'm on the Silver Pass, and while WDW has said they would extend the expiration date for the number of days that WDW is closed, they haven't said they would move back block out dates. So I'm blocked out beginning June 1. In my case, I'll just wait to see what happens to my late May trip and, if WDW still not open, reschedule for the fall after the summer block out dates.

Upvote 0

DVCakaCarlF

LOL I'm not laughing at you but you do know that is highly unlikely to occur. The old Disney yes, but new Disney is not putting any money or time into a Disney special outside of the God awful Christmas specials.

I do not think the parks will do anything to signify a grand reopening. I do think they will do something special the first day but even that is questionable.
It will be a special ticketed event, of course.

Upvote 0

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

All a GUESS, on my part....

I would suggest that the PARKS might first open to LOCALS - no "out of towners". WDW will need to deal with GLOBAL "hotspots". Dealing with whatever laws are in effect in the state of FL? MUCH easier, at the re-launch.

Oh - we live in MI. So no self interest here :).

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
All a GUESS, on my part....

I would suggest that the PARKS might first open to LOCALS - no "out of towners". WDW will need to deal with GLOBAL "hotspots". Dealing with whatever laws are in effect in the state of FL? MUCH easier, at the re-launch.

Oh - we live in MI. So no self interest here :).

Out of interest, how do you think they could police that? Do you mean Florida AP holders only?

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
It may seem difficult but if the ticket medium reads it at touchpoints then it can be programmed to only allow those in.
I do not think that is what it will be though.

Yes, they could restrict to Florida AP holders. But he said no “out of towners”; my point was that was impossible unless they insisted on proof of address for everyone.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom