News Walt Disney Imagineering to launch new series 'We Call It Imagineering'

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here's a teaser and description.

Tune in on April 4th as we take you on an inside look at Walt Disney Imagineering. Inspired by how Walt took us along during the development of Disneyland, this new series brings you into the creative and design journey as we turbocharge our Disney Experiences. We can’t wait to bring you along as Disney Imagineers create these innovative new experiences for the next decade and beyond!

Eric Graham

No, even though Disney owns a streaming service which could use all the content it can get, and the company as a whole would benefit from its success, they're putting it on YouTube.
Oh no, not the same company whose maps service this week sent me down a one way street the wrong way and I almost got into an accident...

Epcot81Fan

Here's a teaser and description.

We can’t wait to bring you along as Disney Imagineers create these innovative new experiences for the next decade and beyond!

1712186833809.jpeg

osian

No, even though Disney owns a streaming service which could use all the content it can get, and the company as a whole would benefit from its success, they're putting it on YouTube.
Well...I think Disney+ has all the content it needs, and much much more, to be a success. Disney have "correctly" identified that people want movies, cartoons, characters, more Disney, more IP, more content from other movie studios, and they've filled Disney+ with it. If it's not a success, then I don't think it's for lack of content.

I'm a parks person. I'm not into the movie side of the business.

I subscribed to Disney+ initially for the behind the scenes documentaries. I've watched them all, they're fine, but some of them are glorified ads with little informative content (Behind the Atraction...). But I haven't actually watched anything on it for, maybe, two years. I have now cancelled my subscription. "We Call It Imagineering" wouldn't tempt me back, especially coniderwsing the price rises etc. (And has anyone tried to delete their Disney+ account? They make it as awkward as possible to do so.)

I don't think Disney would gain (and keep) many subscribers based on the addition of "We Call It Imagineering". There will not be many crossovers between the vast majority of people who want the princess movies and also want to see geeky behind the scenes info on the parks. Anyone interested in just the parks wouldn't be subscribing on the basis of this either. They'll already be there or, like me, have seen all that probably is to offer and have cancelled.

Putting it on YT is probalby the best way to find the biggest audience and get them interested.

Kamikaze

Insane.
Well...I think Disney+ has all the content it needs, and much much more, to be a success. Disney have "correctly" identified that people want movies, cartoons, characters, more Disney, more IP, more content from other movie studios, and they've filled Disney+ with it. If it's not a success, then I don't think it's for lack of content.
Streaming services can always use more content.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

One can't help but get the feeling that this is a company that currently cannot coordinate walking and chewing bubble gum at the same time. But it sure can wear the hell out of buzzwords. Current favorite - Turbocharge.

Brian

I'm a parks person. I'm not into the movie side of the business.

I subscribed to Disney+ initially for the behind the scenes documentaries. I've watched them all, they're fine, but some of them are glorified ads with little informative content (Behind the Atraction...). But I haven't actually watched anything on it for, maybe, two years. I have now cancelled my subscription. "We Call It Imagineering" wouldn't tempt me back, especially coniderwsing the price rises etc. (And has anyone tried to delete their Disney+ account? They make it as awkward as possible to do so.)

I don't think Disney would gain (and keep) many subscribers based on the addition of "We Call It Imagineering". There will not be many crossovers between the vast majority of people who want the princess movies and also want to see geeky behind the scenes info on the parks. Anyone interested in just the parks wouldn't be subscribing on the basis of this either. They'll already be there or, like me, have seen all that probably is to offer and have cancelled.

Putting it on YT is probalby the best way to find the biggest audience and get them interested.
They could always do what Daily Wire (and others I'm sure) do sometimes: tease the new series with one or two episodes on YouTube then put the rest behind the paywall, in this case, Disney+. It helps to drive new subs, even if only for a month.

doctornick

Yes, really wish this was on Disney + where their would be more viewership.

Well, YouTube in theory has essentially no barrier to entry and thus a potential wider audience. I suspect that the parks related shows on D+ don't really get that great of ratings and are viewed as more complimentary than really something for a wide audience/main programming. Putting this on YouTube is probably an attempt to reach people not on D+ and either get them interested/thinking about the parks or even inspiring them to subscribe to D+. It's possible to (for example) imbed the YT videos on online sites for anyone to see (as someone has done here) or on Facebook, etc which is something that cannot be done for a show paywalled on D+.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom