Wait times

Cat_M

Original Poster
We went tonight to AK and the wait time for FoP was advertised as 120mins when in fact we waited about 70mins (woo hoo!)

Na’vi River ride said 40 but it was 20 *if* that.

Does this happen a lot or we’re we just lucky?

Ps. FoP = Amazing ride
PPs. But why no toilet or kiosk selling snacks?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That happens fairly frequently on pretty much every ride in existence since the day they began posting wait times.

WDWFan2018

It's hard to judge the wait times. I've heard of this happening a lot but I've also experienced the opposite. My dad wanted to go on the Haunted Mansion ride and it was showing a 20 minute wait. We ended up waiting 45 minutes. I was annoyed. I was willing to wait the 20 minutes but if it was posted at 45 minutes, I wouldn't have waited.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It's hard to judge the wait times. I've heard of this happening a lot but I've also experienced the opposite. My dad wanted to go on the Haunted Mansion ride and it was showing a 20 minute wait. We ended up waiting 45 minutes. I was annoyed. I was willing to wait the 20 minutes but if it was posted at 45 minutes, I wouldn't have waited.
This is exactly why pretty much every park always adds a healthy padding to the wait times.

Say the wait is 40 minutes when the actual wait time is between 20-30 and everyone is happy. Say it is 30 when it turns out to be 32 and you are all but guaranteed that a non-zero number of people will go to guest services to complain.

Cat_M

Original Poster
Yep. Ariel ride showed a 10minute wait - was actually 40 😑

cjkeating

We went tonight to AK and the wait time for FoP was advertised as 120mins when in fact we waited about 70mins (woo hoo!)

Na’vi River ride said 40 but it was 20 *if* that.

Does this happen a lot or we’re we just lucky?

Ps. FoP = Amazing ride
PPs. But why no toilet or kiosk selling snacks?

The padding of wait times happens more in the evening to discourage people to enter the line, this is quite standard on popular attractions, I've seen SDMT poster over 60 and be 10 minutes near park closing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom