Wait times on My Disney Experience

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Has anyone compared the wait times on my Disney experience with the true wait times at the parks? I'm excited about using the app while were at disney this december but wondering how accurate they are?

Rob562

Since the wait times displayed on the app and the wait times displayed at the entrance to the attractions pull their info from the server, they'll always be the same (taking into account possible lag time if the app hasn't refreshed in a little while).

Now whether the displayed wait time is how long the wait time *actually* is, that's another matter entirely. ;-)

-Rob

mickey2008.1

We will find out in nine days, positive about this new My disney magic stuff. All bad reviews, but I highly doubt it's that bad. I love being able to see wait times on my device, just gives me a direction to go, but does not dictate my day by any means.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
It would be great to hear how it goes. Are you able to do the fasspass +. At first I wasn't sure I would like it but the more I read about it I'm getting excited about it. I just don't see an option on My Disney Experience to make fp+ or change them, maybe I will closer to my arrival date.

Tuvalu

It would be great to hear how it goes. Are you able to do the fasspass +. At first I wasn't sure I would like it but the more I read about it I'm getting excited about it. I just don't see an option on My Disney Experience to make fp+ or change them, maybe I will closer to my arrival date.
When are you arriving? If more than 60 days, there will be no FP+ info on your MDE. If less than 60 days, you need to be staying at one of the test resorts for the FP+ info to be there.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I havent experienced disney app live yet, but i have always used the "lines" app from touring plans.
It works by taking data from users currently at the parks to get accurate wait times.
You may not want to break away from the one stop shopping of "my disney experience" (im going to wait and see myself) but its worth it to have that in your back pocket.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I havent experienced disney app live yet, but i have always used the "lines" app from touring plans.
It works by taking data from users currently at the parks to get accurate wait times.
You may not want to break away from the one stop shopping of "my disney experience" (im going to wait and see myself) but its worth it to have that in your back pocket.
I've heard good and bad about touring plans so I may have to check it out. Josh from easywdw.com shows no love for them but I'm not sure how accurate his crowd calendars are either. I think it all a estimated guess anyway.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I've heard good and bad about touring plans so I may have to check it out. Josh from *******.com shows no love for them but I'm not sure how accurate his crowd calendars are either. I think it all a estimated guess anyway.
Yup! He is talking about the "competition" though isnt he? I have heard good and bad as well....but lines has been spot on for me.

I am going to give mde a chance because i dont want to mess with 87 apps myself.

merry68

We were there 2 weeks ago, and the only minor difference I found was a very teeny lag time of 10-15min.

For example, we were standing right at the the ToT FP Machines and as my kids were pulling FPs, I checked MDE and their Wait time and return time.

MDE ToT Return Time posted was 11:45 but our actual FPs showed 11:55am-12:55pm.

And I had much better luck checking Wait times and FP returns if I stayed off Disney's Wifi, it seemed so slow for us.

We look forward to using MDE on our next trip.

RickP330

Two weeks ago the MDE times were "close". I found them to be conservative (on the high side). We also used "Lines" from touring plans and they had reported and actual times. The actual times were right on the money...
RP

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom