Wait Times MISSION SPACE

jamesadkins

Original Poster
going in one week and cant wait just wondered for thos lucy ones who have ridden this ride what the wait times were like during the evening

thanks

james uk

WhatAreTomatoes

Originally posted by 1QKLIMO
When I was there a couple of weeks ago, the wait times were anywhere from 20 to 45 minutes.

That's an insanely short line length for a ride that is so incredibly new, and espically for something that is supposed to be such a groundbreaking attraction. I was one fo the first people on Test Track, and i can remember lines that exceded 4 hours. It's crazy to think that a ride that's not even running at full capacity yet and hasn't implemented single rider lines or the fastpass system can have such reasonable lines.

So what's the deal with lines? Since it's not even in soft opening mode yet, are they admitting only a certian ammount of people, or what's the deal? I'd love to know how they are pulling this off with such an awesome ride.

jamesadkins

Original Poster
we have a nine hour flight next fiday and will b arriving at boardwalk hopefully by about 7 ish in tthe evening we often take a boat into mgn just to relax after the flight but if the q is only half hour mission space here we come !!

thanks guys fo the info - i think i ead height was 42" but not sure

Main Street USA

Wait times are not yet an issue. This ride isn't open yet.

Test Track wait times were four hours, AFTER IT OPENED.

The reason for the incredibly short waits is because they are controlling it. Thety aren't just letting everyone that walks by into the attraction. You have to either be waiting there and hope that they open it at 4:00pm on that particular day (in the mean time waisting the rest of your day) or hope to get lucky when you walk up.

Once again, Mission: Space is not yet open, and won't even soft open until August 15th. Don't confuse short, random guest previews with an opening, or even a soft opening. It's neither, and if you arrive before the above posted date, consider yourself lucky to be one of the few that have been able to ride before the posted date..

Dr Albert Falls

There's no way to know wait times based on this "testing" period, but...

*With only 2 of 4 centrifuges working...

*With cast members still extremely slow and inefficient (hey, they must learn brand new and UNUSUAL guest flow choreography!)....

*And with technicians examining the ride between some cycles....

.... the entire standby line from the door to the ride has only been about 30-40 minutes.

Even IF they dedicate the remaining two centrifuges exclusively to FastPass... that's still a dang short wait.

(This ride is going to have some great capacity!)

On a sidenote--- my theory is that the "Single Rider" line will actually be the longest line of all, since the "grouper" has lots of time to fill the spots, and the pods each hold an even number (4 seats per pod) Test Track needs single riders to fill the awkward "third seat".

Mission: SPACE

Originally posted by Main Street USA

The reason for the incredibly short waits is because they are controlling it. Thety aren't just letting everyone that walks by into the attraction. You have to either be waiting there and hope that they open it at 4:00pm on that particular day (in the mean time waisting the rest of your day) or hope to get lucky when you walk up.

Not when I was there... they were letting everyone that came up in... I went on 6 times in one day, and NEVER saw anyone having to wait at the outside wall. Maybe I was just lucky, but it appeared that everyone in could come in, not just a select few.

My theory as to why there is not a long wait for M:S is because the general guests have to be in the vicinity know that it is open. Only us Disneyphiles know when it will most likely be open, and there can't be THAT many of us there in one day...

MrPromey

Originally posted by 1QKLIMO
My theory as to why there is not a long wait for M:S is because the general guests have to be in the vicinity know that it is open. Only us Disneyphiles know when it will most likely be open, and there can't be THAT many of us there in one day...

I think you nailed it. When I went up there was a huge crowd outside waiting by the time they started letting people in at 4:30. I was there because I had heard about it on the site here but a lot of the other guests who were there before 4:00 had “heard” about it from other guests who had stumbled upon it on a previous day or who had themselves found out about it first hand. A crowd that big attracts attention and after the cast members came out at four and got the crowd going, more people started coming over.

I was towards the front of the crowd and didn’t have to wait long to get on the first time but by the time I came out there were only two cast members standing out front inside the wall – no guests. To anyone going from TT to WoL, it didn’t look like there was anything happening in Mission Space and since the map says “Future Site Of” there was no indication that anything was going on. People were in fact walking right past it. I got back in line (which started just behind the wall out of general sight) and waited about 45 minutes for my second ride. After I got back in line the people in front of me surmised that they must have closed off the entrance because we were moving along but nobody was coming in behind me. No sooner did the words come out of their mouths before another group of people who had just ridden got back in line to ride again.

They had a roped area sort of behind the front facade and in front of the actual building but it wasn’t being used. Even with that in use I don’t think they would have been able to hold an additional 100 people in that line and it seems like there would be major problems with traffic flow at the FastPass stations if the line were to go beyond the official starting point of it.

It seems rather clear to me that the emphasis of Fast Pass is going to be heavy on this ride. Clearly, they are looking to avoid the problems that Test Track and other attractions are commonly plagued with in running out of ride times for FastPass early in the day. My guess is that they plan to accommodate a LOT of FastPass users on this attraction. The standby times will still probably be long but I’m guessing it will have to do with the line not moving as fast as it does now because of FastPass and single riders. Then again, who knows? Maybe it will be the best of all worlds with under an hour waits on a typical day and a steadily moving FastPass system. If they are able to pull something like that off this will be an innovative ride in more ways that one.

pjammer

Originally posted by Dr Albert Falls
(This ride is going to have some great capacity!)

I don't expect great capacity on this thing. We already know what the instantaneous capacity is 160 (40 seats times 4 ride bays) which is the same as Body Wars. Its about a 4 minute ride. Give them at least 1 1/2 min for load and 1 1/2 minute for unload. Which during these testings I know the load time has felt like more like two min. That gives them about a 7 min cycle time. That means that can have about 8 full cycles in an hour. So that gives them an hourly capacity of about 1280. And if they are open from open to close (twelve hours) that means the max they can do a day is about 15360 and thats it. They may be able to run their efficiency a little better but that is still no more than 17000 tops a day. Thats horrible compared to most ride standards. This is if nothing goes wrong throughout the day. Test Track will be able to put through more people than Mission Space. And if Test Track has a two hour wait...you can expect Mission Space to be running about the same or higher.

Like most have already said, the testing is in a controlled situtation. With not much publicity. Once it is officially open can you start to gauge the true wait time. But I don't think you should expect it to be less than whatever the Test Track wait is. This is just my theory though.

MrPromey

Originally posted by pjammer
I don't expect great capacity on this thing. We already know what the instantaneous capacity is 160 (40 seats times 4 ride bays) which is the same as Body Wars. Its about a 4 minute ride. Give them at least 1 1/2 min for load and 1 1/2 minute for unload. Which during these testings I know the load time has felt like more like two min. That gives them about a 7 min cycle time. That means that can have about 8 full cycles in an hour. So that gives them an hourly capacity of about 1280. And if they are open from open to close (twelve hours) that means the max they can do a day is about 15360 and thats it. They may be able to run their efficiency a little better but that is still no more than 17000 tops a day. Thats horrible compared to most ride standards. This is if nothing goes wrong throughout the day. Test Track will be able to put through more people than Mission Space. And if Test Track has a two hour wait...you can expect Mission Space to be running about the same or higher.

Like most have already said, the testing is in a controlled situtation. With not much publicity. Once it is officially open can you start to gauge the true wait time. But I don't think you should expect it to be less than whatever the Test Track wait is. This is just my theory though.

I imagine that the wait times for TT will go down once this attraction opens officially.

Just the same, it seems as though this ride will have a narrower audience than TT. Everyone sort of regards TT as a thrill ride but in reality it is something like 85% 21st century Mr. Toads Wild Ride and about 10% thrill ride (with a 5% margin for error ;) ) With all of the repeat warnings it seems like they are almost trying to discourage people from riding MS. I’ve never been on a ride in my life with so many warnings… As we all know, this is going to make some people want to go on it even more but they go beyond the typical neck, back, and heart problems and expectant mothers spiel to emphasis the confined spaces and state that this ride simply “isn’t for everyone”.

I guess it is all speculation at this point from everyone but part of the reason that TT has the wait times that it does is it is the only ‘thrill ride’ in the park so it is the one that everyone who is up for that kind of thing will gravitate towards. IMHO, I think that having a second ride will alleviate some of this wait for both rides if in no other way than to cut down on repeat riders of one or the other by a little bit as well.

AndyMagic

Just to clarify for the worried guests who think they won't be able to ride. They ARE letting everyone and anyone that walks by into the attraction so long as it is open. The "random" picking of guests was done back in February. Each day I went to Epcot, there was a steady flow of people walking into the ride with the CM's simply smiling and welcoming guests. There is no, "getting lucky" as you put it. Everyone is welcome to ride so long as it is open. :D Fear not.

Main Street USA

Originally posted by AndyMagic
They ARE letting everyone and anyone that walks by into the attraction so long as it is open.

Yeah, that's what I said. And the main point to focus on here:

"so long as it is open"

K? K. Just as they should "fear not" as you say, they should also not simply assume they will be riding.

surfsupdon

M:S seems like another extremely slow loading and long lined wait juts like its over hyped and over rated neighbor, Test Track. It'll be like two peas in a pod. A ride is not that good if the wait is always generally over 90minutes during non peak time periods. Rides can be improved somehow to increase guest flow.

That's why Test Track is so crappy to some, and me, the wait is unneccessarily long.

At least MS I've never done before in "real-life." Top down in my jeep is a summer constant, as is hitting bumps, making turns, fishtailing in snow, and climbing hills and avoiding trucks narrow laned bridges. hahaha

But I OF COURSE have to give MS an initial try, then judge from there...

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by AndyMagic
There is no, "getting lucky" as you put it.

yes there is... namely if the attraction is actually open and operational. Especially since it's been breaking down quite frequently in recent days.

AndyMagic

Yeah, that's what I said. And the main point to focus on here:

"so long as it is open"

K? K. Just as they should "fear not" as you say, they should also not simply assume they will be riding.
That's true. Although what you had said was, "They AREN'T just letting everyone that walks by into the attraction." I don't know if you meant to or not but that was the main point I was correcting as they most certainly are.

DarkImage4

Just fresh back from WDW on July 3rd....

We were in Epcot on Tuesday July 1st and headed to M:S at about 3:50....5 minutes later they were tunring the "Preview" sign around and letting us in. Our wait was no more than 15 mintues once we were admitted. Our freinds who we were with stayed outside to wait (he can't do "spinny" rides). They siad they admitted guest for about 20 minutes and then closed the wall, letting no one else in.

MrPromey

Originally posted by surfsupdon
M:S seems like another extremely slow loading and long lined wait juts like its over hyped and over rated neighbor, Test Track. It'll be like two peas in a pod. A ride is not that good if the wait is always generally over 90minutes during non peak time periods. Rides can be improved somehow to increase guest flow.

That's why Test Track is so crappy to some, and me, the wait is unneccessarily long.

At least MS I've never done before in "real-life." Top down in my jeep is a summer constant, as is hitting bumps, making turns, fishtailing in snow, and climbing hills and avoiding trucks narrow laned bridges. hahaha

But I OF COURSE have to give MS an initial try, then judge from there...

As someone who appreciates TT for the technical marvel it is but who has lived in Florida and had an annual pass for the entire time it has been open and has ridden it less than ten times, I can honestly say that IMHO Mission Space is a lot more fun. The load time isn’t nearly as bad as it would seem – they have apparently already streamlined it pretty well and in MHO, the payoff is much better than TT.

I imagine there will be a drastic decrease in the wait for TT when this one first opens as people who have done TT on previous trips or who would otherwise ride TT multiple times will choose this instead of ‘another’ trip on TT and I guess there may be an inflated wait time during the first few busy seasons that it is open as a result but overall I don’t see this as being another TT fiasco (especially since it should be more reliable and probably won’t have to be shut down for any weather that would not require evacuation of the park which expands the window of operation for this one).

Really, only time will tell but I think Disney learned some valuable lessons with TT and like I said before, this one seems optimized for FP.

Testtrack321

I think this is getting a little fiesty guys. :)

Mission:Space will admit guests for as long as management wants, and 9 times out of 10, it has been for the full night. It might change, hey, this IS Disney you know.... :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom