visiting WDW January 12 - 19/08, is this a good time re: crowds?

corgi998

Hi everyone

Merry Christmas. I haven't been to WDW during January before and was wondering if this was a good time to visit in terms of crowds? any idea an how long one would have to wait for popular rides (Tower of Terror, Space Mountain etc...)?

We visited last year during Thanksgiving and was unable to get on most rides as there line ups were about 1 1/2 hrs to 2 hours for a lot of the rides. Even fast passes were out.

Appreciate any feedback for anyone who has visited during this time.

Many thanks and Happy New Year!:xmas:

ATIS-Horizons

I went this past Jan 8-12 and it was wonderful! I would assume it would basically be about the same crowd levels. On the 10th of January, we practically walked on Dumbo...and did just about every single ride in the MK that day. I've heard nothing but great things about January, so don't worry! Enjoy your trip!:wave:

Upvote 0

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
those are the same exact dates i am going as well, also never have gone in jan, usually march. i think for the most part they will be good, other than maybe sunday because the WDW marathon is that weekend and it goes through some of the parks.
if you do a thread search, there were several threads not too long ago with more detail on the marathon crowds and january weather, etc.
maybe we'll cross paths!

Upvote 0

JML42691

I have never gone in this specific time area, but my neighbors went in mid-January '04, and they said that the crowds were pretty small, but the temps got pretty cold at night, and occasionally cold during the day.

Upvote 0

Greenlawler

We will be there too! I am afraid though it may be a little more crowded than usual becuase of the Disney Marathon. All the Disney moderates are booked.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Don't worry too much about crowds that time of year. Jan - early February are my favorite times to go. Just remember to bring some warm clothes. We had to wear sweatshirts every day last year in February and we're from New England! Our first day we said "Psh, we'll be fine" and just wore t-shirts and jeans, but then we proceeded to freeze our butts off somewhere in Epcot :lol: IllumiNations that night was a miracle because of the heat from the inferno barge.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom