Visiting Resorts?

PalmTree7998

I'll be heading down to FL on June 23 to do Universal Orlando (my boyfriend's idea - I can't be that close to WDW and not get some sort of Disney fix, so I talked him into spending a day at MGM). ANYWAY...

We will have 2 free days to shop, relax, swim...whatever...and I wanted to spend one day visiting some of the Disney resorts. I have only stayed at All Star Movies, have been to the Contemporary to eat at Chef Mickey's, and have seen the Polynesian and Grand Floridian resorts from a distance.

I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions for which resorts to visit. Which ones have the best recreational activities? (I personally would be satisfied with just strolling around the resorts checking out the scenery and taking pictures, but I don't want my man to be totally bored :rolleyes: ). I would like to see the Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Boardwalk resort looks neat...any other suggestions?

Thanks a bunch!! :D

Maria

My only suggestion is to leave the Boardwalk for sunset or for late, since it´s very romantic there and you can have dinner or go dancing in that area.

Have a great time! :wave:

Upvote 0

rokcandy

I personally think that the Caribbean is a nice place to bike around - w/ or w/out kids. Also, check out the Wilderness Lodge if you have time...just taking in all the scenery and architechure blew me away. Plus the campground has horseback riding. And the Boardwalk is a definite...as well as the Poly - you can even take a quiet boat ride. :)

Upvote 0

Katherine

Definantly go check out the Polynesian! It's so beautiful! Also, the Boardwalk is nice for an evening out. I've never been to the AKL but I've heard it's beautiful and the restaurants there are really good! Have fun!

Upvote 0

epcotisbest

Hi Leslie,
I'm from North Georgia and we always drive to WDW and Universal, therefore it is easy to visit the resorts. My favorite by far is the Wilderness Lodge. It is just a stunning place, consturcted to look like an old national park lodge. There is a bubbling spring that starts inside the lobby and flows outside to a waterfalls and into the pool. There is a huge fireplace with hidden mickeys in the firescreen and rocking chairs to enjoy the evening. Be sure to look for the totem poles that have disney characters carved on them. Walk around the pool area and check out the landscaping then watch for the geyser to erupt, about once an hour! This place has two really good resturants, Artists Point (a bit pricey) and Whispering Canyon Cafe (our favorite).

Also worth the drive is the Grand Floridian which I have never stayed at but enjoy seeing. While there strolling the ground and being amazed at the luxury, you can take a walkway past the Wedding Pavalion and walk over to the Poly. It is a nice walk and if you time it right you can watch the fireworks over the castle and see the Floating Electric Parade too!

Have a wonderful trip, and if you want to see a really amazing resort while at Universal, take the walk from Citywalk over to the Hard Rock Hotel. The landscaping and grounds are wonderful. Go in and though the lobby to the pool. It is amazing. You can take the boat back to Citywalk without being a guest there. Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville is a good place to get that "Cheeseburger in Paradise".

Oh, how did you get your name done in the disney font with the mouse ears? I would love to do that!

Ricky

Upvote 0

MGM WDWFan

Elevator up to the top of the Contemporary to get a view of the MK....it's spectacular.

The Coronado is pretty neat too....there's a nice path that you can walk around that's pretty cool and refreshing in the right weather....it heads by the pool there, which is pretty nicely themed.

By the way, I totally know what you mean about taking a day to visit the resorts. Given the right mindset it can be almost as fun as checking out the parks--and a lot cheaper.

Upvote 0

jaimjaim25

Take the bus to the Contemporary and walk around the lake to the Polynesian and the Floridian. It's a beautiful walk. Plus you get to kill 3 birds with one stone on that one! You can also make a stop at the chapel on the way. When you go inside, it's set up so that the castle is right in the center view. Really cool!

Upvote 0

PalmTree7998

Original Poster
I just wanted to thank you guys for all of your great ideas! I am going to print out your replies and sit down with my b/f this weekend to decide what we want to do. Thanks so much!

:D

And, Ricky, I made my avatar using a font called Walt Disney Script. You can download it from Mickey Avenue. To make the mouse ears, I held down the 'Alt' key and hit 167. It will make one set of mouse ears when you use the Walt Disney font.

Upvote 0

epcotisbest

Thanks for the font info. I downloaded it and when I can play with it I'll do my name. Have a good trip. I just read that Universal is opening the new Shrek 4-D attraction soon, maybe you will be one of the first to try it.
Thanks again,
Ricky

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom