visiting other resorts

wdwrules

staying on site for the first time this year and wondering if you can wonder around other resorts or if you have stay at the one we register at. we would like to visit other resorts to see were wed like to stay time.
:king: :king: :king: :king: :king:

zenatoad

Oh yeah - it's a lot of fun to visit other resorts. We always plan one day to just resort hop. Check out Boardwalk - it's fun to walk around. It's fun to check out the pools at the different ones as well as the restaurants. It's also relaxing as an off-day.

Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

Sure, you can visit other resorts no problem. Most people visit other resorts to go to the shops or restaurants. The only thing you can't do at other resorts is use the swimming pool. This is called "Pool Hopping" and is frowned upon by cast members who will usually ask for you resort ID.

Upvote 0

Cindy Rella

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer
Sure, you can visit other resorts no problem. Most people visit other resorts to go to the shops or restaurants. The only thing you can't do at other resorts is use the swimming pool. This is called "Pool Hopping" and is frowned upon by cast members who will usually ask for you resort ID.

Is it considered pool hopping if you go from port orleans to french quarter now that these hotels have "merged"? hope not

Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by Cindy Rella

Is it considered pool hopping if you go from port orleans to french quarter now that these hotels have "merged"? hope not

I would assume that now it would be alright. In fact, it may have been alright when the two were seperate resorts, because in a way, the two were always linked as if they were a pair. Since its one resort now (2 sections), I think it would be reasonably to pool hop between the two main pools. They may not like it if you start going to the "area" pools around Riverside.

Upvote 0

pixiedust32

I had actually thought pool hopping was ok as long as you were a Guest somewhere on the Resort.

But yes - revel in Resort Hopping - some of the best food is found at other resorts -and fun experiences you will miss if you don't.!! Have fun - and walk all the ones by the Boardwalk - if you have time - i like to leave Epcot from the World Showcase and walk to Cape May inside the Beach Club and then walk back just in time for Illuminations.

Yum:slurp:

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Pool hopping may have been overlooked in the past, but Disney is cracking down on it.

Again, it is a fairness issue. For $350 a night, I expect a fancier pool than for $100 per night. Also, if I am paying Beach Club prices, I would resent the pool being full of people who had not "paid" for the priviledge.

There were incidents of people who stayed off-site going to the WDW pools, because they are so much nicer.

CM's will ask to see ID before you can get a towel, and they have been known to do random ID checks.

It is not worth the potential embarrassment to try this. Also consider what message you are sending to your kids...

Upvote 0

brycedisney

Sure last year we stayed at the caribbean beach but went and visited baordwalk and animal kindom lodge(which is really kool).We've also visited all star

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
Pool hopping may have been overlooked in the past, but Disney is cracking down on it.

Again, it is a fairness issue. For $350 a night, I expect a fancier pool than for $100 per night. Also, if I am paying Beach Club prices, I would resent the pool being full of people who had not "paid" for the priviledge.

There were incidents of people who stayed off-site going to the WDW pools, because they are so much nicer.

CM's will ask to see ID before you can get a towel, and they have been known to do random ID checks.

It is not worth the potential embarrassment to try this. Also consider what message you are sending to your kids...

Even though it is not allowed there are always ways around it. Just say you left your ID in the room. OR say you are a DVC member. They can't prove to you that you aren't. They also won't embarass you horribly, they do know that you are paying at the parks and shops and such so to them it isn't too bad.

I think that depending on what resort you stay at you should be able to hop to a resort of the same status or lower. So if you stay at a deluxe resort, you should be able to swim at any pool. If you stay at a value though you can only swim in the different Value resort pools.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

I love checking out other resorts. Planning where to stay the next trip and or dreaming about where you would stay if you had the cash to spend. :)

WDW would not be the same to me if it wasn't for all resorts.

Pool hopping is one of the privilages of DVC. Kinda nice huh?

Upvote 0

sigsegv

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
OR say you are a DVC member. They can't prove to you that you aren't.

Well, there are DVC ID cards, but more importantly, your resort "Key to the World" will have "*MEMBER*" (or something similar) on it. So, if you do have your ID card, they can tell if you are a DVC member or not.

Now, if you "forgot" your ID card... Well, who knows, but I'm willing to bet that unless there's a large number of people trying to get into the pool and can't, they're going to go easy on you. And if there _are_ a lot of people trying to use the pool and can't, then the DVC members don't have pool hopping privs at that time.

This is a nice perk for DVC members, but, like I just said, it only applies to pools that aren't already at capacity.

-sig (DVC member)

Upvote 0

Luau Cove

Visiting each Disney resort is something great to do. To me it's a must to dine each night in a different resort, not only because you get to see how wonderful other places at Disney are, but also because NIGHT at the resorts is usually quiet and you can dine with no previous reservations, shop without a rush and also enjoy a romantic spot in various places on your visit. The thing is you must be vigorous and have in mind that you will stay until late. I'm someone who wakes up at 9am and goes to sleep at 1am on Disney's vacation. Nights at Disney rocks!

-->LUAU

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom