Visiting in November

Steve Jenkins

Hi Guys,

Very new here, thought i would say hi!

I'm visiting Disney in November, the first time in 9 years from the UK. Can anybody advise on what it's like in the middle of November *waiting times etc*? We leave the day before thanksgiving so i'm guessing it should be quiet when we go??

Any tips/advice would be great

Thanks

Steve

Nero the dog

It will start to get busy in the days leading up to thanksgiving. So try and get as most things done early on. Then you can relax and enjoy the parks without spending the entire day queuing.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

Hi Guys,

Very new here, thought i would say hi!

I'm visiting Disney in November, the first time in 9 years from the UK. Can anybody advise on what it's like in the middle of November *waiting times etc*? We leave the day before thanksgiving so i'm guessing it should be quiet when we go??

Any tips/advice would be great

Thanks

Steve
The week before Thanksgiving week isn't really bad, but the week of Thanksgiving can be capacity. Many schools now give the students the full week off, so the parks get very crowded starting the weekend before Thanksgiving.
If you are staying onsite, make sure and make fastpass reservations as soon as allowed. And, make sure and do the early hours.

Upvote 0

worldtraveler

When are you going to be there? I will be at OKW from the 10th through the 17th. I go every year at this time. The weather is fantastic, and crowds are very manageable. And who doesn't like to see the castle with the lights on it or Osborne Lights? Simply wonderful.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

The two weeks before Thanksgiving are our favorite time to visit. It has gotten a bit more crowded than in years past though. They have been offering free dining during those times. We are going Nov 6-12 this year so my niece will only miss 2 days of school. I think we are going to see more crowds than we are used to with Jersey Week, F&W and the marathon. You should be fine. I have been looking at wait times on the app just to see where they are at now. One thing I do know is that the weather is GREAT in November... at least it has been for us! It barely rains and the temperatures are more comfortable through out the day.

Upvote 0
We were there last year in November, arrived the week before TG & flew back to the UK the day before TG.
The parks were fairly quiet the first week, still buzzy & fun but pleasant to be in, we did two MVMCP in the first week & they were both quiet even on the Friday night.
From the Monday of the following week all of the parks got way busier, we had been spoiled the previous week & were quite shocked at how many more people were there, rides went from almost walk on to 45 - 60 minutes.
Saying all of that we had a great time & are booked to go back at the same time next year.
You'll have an absolute blast, if you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.

Upvote 0

bebert

I will be there the week of Thanksgiving and this will be my second time there during that time. It can be very busy but, the weather is nice and you just have to be smart out meals and rides.
If you love Soarin at Epcot, get the park as it opens and try to ride it first. If you cant get a FP as they may all be gone by lunch time. Same thing with Test Track. At DHS, do the same thing with Toy Story Mania, that ride books early as well. Rockin Roller Coaster is similar. I wont go through every park and ride as I think you can understand what I am saying. If you really want to ride something go to it early or get your FP early. Also, dont eat meals at normal times or you will wait for ever in lines as the crowd builds thru the week.

Upvote 0

75disney

I have been going Thanksgiving week since 2009. The first part of your trip will have moderate crowds. As you enter Thanksgiving week, the parks will get more crowded. That being said, I have always found the crowds Thanksgiving week to be very manageable. We get to each park at rope drop, use Fast Pass, and book ADRs for meals. If you have a plan, you will do fine. Plus the weather is perfect, usually warm but not humid or hot. You can get a chillier day so plan on wearing layers. The parks and resorts are decorated for Christmas. The Osborne Lights are wonderful. It is a great time to be in the World.

Have a great trip. My trip overlaps the last few days of yours! Was singing Zip-a-dee-do-da this morning (I was walking my kids to the bus; they did not appreciate it).

Upvote 0

IanS

We always go last week of November. Christmas is underway and there really isnt anything like WDW at Christmas. We have just booked 2 weeks last week of November for 2014!

Crowds are always fine but a little busier at weekends. As we go after Thanksgiving it is never really a problem with crowds. The weather for me as a Brit is perfect. Like summer in England.

Have fun

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

We did Thanksgiving week last year and loved the Christmas decorations...it was a bit colder than we anticipated and didn't get to enjoy the pools like we do summer holidays. It was less crowds the first few days but much busier than Easter and not as packed at summer. Arriving a bit earlier this year to try to experience shorter ride waits ..hopefully!

Upvote 0

pcarathers

we are looking at going November 14-22, 2014...hoping that will be a good week and that most of the Christmas decorations will be up.....taking a 1st timer with us!!

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell397

We will be there the 9th-15th of November 2014. Staying off site for the first time in 11 trip :(. I am looking for low crowds and nice temperate weather. First trip with my granddaughter...she will be 20 months
by then :happy:.

Upvote 0

LucyK

We'll be there during that time period and from what I've gathered, crowds are pretty low till Friday, November 21, when the Thanksgiving crowds start to trickle in. Mostly you'll have 3 and 4 crowd days with the last couple of days going up to a 6. It will impact waiting times a bit but you'll still be able to do a lot if you plan to arrive at rope drop.

Christmas decorations will definitely be up at the parks and you might get most of the hotels decorated as well. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party will be going on and I've heard it's quite fun (it'll be my first time attending it as well).

November is a bit of mystery when it comes to weather. I've seen reports of temps as high as 85F and as low as 50F with every variable in between. Pack layers and you'll be fine.

Upvote 0

smk

We will be there the 9th-15th of November 2014. Staying off site for the first time in 11 trip :(. I am looking for low crowds and nice temperate weather. First trip with my granddaughter...she will be 20 months
by then :happy:.
Our Grandson turns Two on November 14th. I would love to take him for his birthday, seriously considering a quick trip. I knew the day he was born it was going to be an awesome time at Disney for his birthdays, low crowds, good weather. His was early by 4 weeks, so we could have been trying to take him over Christmas for Birthday visits, so happy he was healthy and early! Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom