Visiting Hotels without Reservations/Passes

Desperad07

Okay...bear with me here:

My wife and I may be visiting Disney World in March 2010 as an extension to a conference trip she is attending in Miami. However, I'm thinking of also shooting over to Orlando during our Miami stay. I understand that the drive from Miami to Orlando isn't quick but it may be one i'm willing to take one or two of the days she's conferencing as I'm not a Miami/beach person.

And well, quite frankly...flying solo could enable me to do some visiting i wouldn't normally do...particularly of all the wonderful hotels and perhaps other fringe activities. This way when we are in Orlando for the proper part of our Disney vacation, I'll be focused on the theme parks.

If I had a rental car...how easily could I visit the hotels and walk the grounds when I'm technically not on my actual Disney resort stay? Am I going to have a hard time doing that? When I was younger and there were fewer attractions/parks, hotel hopping was something we used to do. But since then, the most i've seen of some of the hotels has been on videos and websites. I'd love to just take in the theming of some old favorites and new landmarks, and snap some photos and video.

DizneyPryncess

You will have no problem visiting resorts - DH & I do it all the time. Anybody is allowed on property to take pictures, eat, shop, etc. The only thing you really can't do is use the pool. We always visit our favorite resorts though when we aren't staying there.

Just drive to the gate at any resort, tell them you're going to eat there, or that you're just visiting the resort. They usually will ask to see an ID but that's all. You could actually park at the Polynesian and take the monorail to see the Contemporary & Grand Floridian (or in any order.) That would save you time from driving to each place seperately. Those are all great ones to see. :)

Upvote 0

tigsmom

You will have no problem visiting resorts - DH & I do it all the time. Anybody is allowed on property to take pictures, eat, shop, etc. The only thing you really can't do is use the pool. We always visit our favorite resorts though when we aren't staying there.

Just drive to the gate at any resort, tell them you're going to eat there, or that you're just visiting the resort. They usually will ask to see an ID but that's all. You could actually park at the Polynesian and take the monorail to see the Contemporary & Grand Floridian (or in any order.) That would save you time from driving to each place seperately. Those are all great ones to see. :)

Better to park at the TTC, I've seen cars towed away from the monorail resort lots if you are not staying there. The TTC is at the rear of the Poly and is just a short walk up a nicely landscaped path.

Disney encourages you to visit the hotels and to shop and eat in their restaurants. Wander around, take pictures and so some research for a future stay. The security guard at the gate will give you a temporary parking pass, just show your picture ID.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom