Visiting Filming Locations

Randomly Randy

Original Poster
Over the past year I have visited Several filming locations and plan to continue to do so. For whatever reason I find it a great way to spend some time. Anyone else have any interest in this?

macefamily

Absolutely. I find it very interesting. When we go to FL, we usually stay at my friend's townhouse in Kissimmee. If you saw the movie "The Florida Project," you will pass by several of the landmarks in the movie on route 192. We pulled into the Magic Castle last time we were there and walked around the place.

Randomly Randy

Original Poster
I have heard of The Florida project but haven't actually seen it. So far I have done Goonies, Twilight (for my wife lol), Grimm (TV), Edward Scissorhands, Stranger Things (Netflix) and it all started when I visited a barn that was in Days of Thunder for about 5 seconds. In about 3 Weeks I'm going to go check out where Tremors was filmed. Its just such a great time. I cant wait to expand my list!

macefamily

I've also been to some small mining towns that appear in the 1970 movie, Molly Maguires. Much of the filming was done in the town of Jim Thorpe which I've been to and in a small village called Eckley's Mining Village. We also visited Alcatraz Island where parts of Escape from Alcatraz were filmed. Ran up the Art Museum steps in Philadelphia where Rocky was filmed.

Randomly Randy

Original Poster
That's awesome Ill have to check that out. I'm only about an hour from Jim Thorpe and I know where Eckley's Mining Village is however have never been. You just added to my list. lol

Last edited:

macefamily

Yes, I'm a 'coal region' native who has lived in Schuylkill county all of my life. We've been to Disney 35 times in our lives so we decided to just get annual passes a few years ago. I wait until there's cheap airfare out of Philly, and we usually head down for 4 or 5 days at a time. If there's anywhere that I can visit that I've seen in the movies, I try to get there. I want to get to Deleware Valley college to check out the film location for the M. Night Shamalyan movie "Signs." There's also some downtown Media locations (pizza shop) I want to see.

macefamily

There's a 1987 movie "Made in the USA" where the first six minutes are filmed in Centralia. I was at Penn State during the filming, but some friends told me that they had drinks with Christopher Penn a few nights in Ashland while he was in the area. I've been in Centralia dozens of times and I can identify exactly where they filmed.

Randomly Randy

Original Poster
I haven't made it out to Centralia yet either but that one is on the list as well. Last time we went to Orlando I drove out to Lakeland and Lutz for Edward Scissorhands. Here is my video from it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom