Villian park?

S

stphnbogert

Original Poster
Does anyone know if the plans on building the all-villian park were completely scrapped? and what were they exactly? was maleficent going to have her own castle?

GizmoDuck

According to most credible sources, as of now the project isn't happening.

It was considered a decade ago, but a number of problems including post-911 attitudes and the troubled global economy put the project to a halt.

While barely any physical documents leaked (that I'm aware of at least), many rumors pointed to the inclusion of Maleficent's castle as the park's icon. No solid attractions were rumored, but each of the main villians (Ursula, Jafar, etc) were supposed to get respective park space.

In addition to plans for a entire villians-based park, other similar plans have also been discussed such as:

• A villians-themed land was also rumored to be added to MK
  • A Hero vs. Villians theme park

While the plans may be on the shelf for now, don't forget nothing truly is scrapped at Disney and things are often re-considered and who knows what they future may hold.

I'm sure others know a more than me on the issue, but hope I could clear things up! A quick google search, or even a search of these boards could reveal more of what you are looking for as well.

Fable McCloud

A space/area for the villains would be amazing! There's nothing quite like the Disney villains. I'd give anything to get a picture with Dr. Facilier or Jafar!

Maybe in the future it can be an expansion for MK?

S

stphnbogert

Original Poster
i was just wondering cause i think it would amazing if this got built for the fifth theme park however it would probably be too scary for little kids...so i think if they pushed for an adult villians theme park would be cool.

plaz10

I think we have a better chance of a Villain land in MK than an entire park. Disney is weeding out the villains as it is...not in the parades, villains in vogue going to generic gift shop and Fantasmic! getting cut down (and supposedly being cut all together eventually).

I would love to see a villain theme anywhere. Maybe just a villain meet and greet and a heroes vs. villains themed ride. I'll take anything!!

I think it would be a great idea and personally would love to see it...but I highly doubt we'll be seeing more of the villains anytime soon

the-reason14

I honestly can't see them building an entire villians park. It makes more sense if they were to add a land to the MK or mgm or something. It'll be more like a dark fantasyland imo and an entire park based off of that would be too much. But hey, you could argue and say that Epcot is a park based off of tomorrowland but whatev.

lebeau

I think whatever they had in mind for the villains got blown way out of proportion by the villain fans and thrill seekers. The villains as a franchise idea pretty much died when they tried out the villains-themed character breakfast and parents complained loudly.

GizmoDuck

I think whatever they had in mind for the villains got blown way out of proportion by the villain fans and thrill seekers. The villains as a franchise idea pretty much died when they tried out the villains-themed character breakfast and parents complained loudly.

While that may have been the case for the character breakfast, don't forget they just added a Villains based show on one of the Disney Cruises. I wouldn't say the Villains franchises is over just yet. They still have quite a strong fanbase.

S

stphnbogert

Original Poster
they do have a strong fan base...as you see i love maleficent. i would just love to see disney villians more than just the halloween party. maybe something behind fantasyland where you are walking down a path and all of the sudden it gets dark and creepy (like when maurice from beauty and the beast took that dark road)...and you have the villians there for a meet and greet. but of course it cant be too scary for the little kids.

JustInTime

I vote for "Tragic Kingdom". Have it be that dark version of MK. Have Cinderella's Castle be replaced with Maleficnet's Caste. You could have the fab five in their gothic (or peasant attire) and Cinderella in her rags. Have a section for Dead Man's Chest (including the water villains from Pirates and The Little Mermaid and Peter Pan), Villain's Village (Toontown for the wealthy Villains like Cruella and Lady Tremaine), Wonderland with the Red Queen still under rule (could include a dark ride) and a spot for Pixar's villains. This area would be 100% open to new ideas and rides. They could move Fantasmic! here (put World of Color in Fantasmc's old lot)...

As you can see, I have thought about this for years. I would love a villain's park!

S

stphnbogert

Original Poster
I vote for "Tragic Kingdom". Have it be that dark version of MK. Have Cinderella's Castle be replaced with Maleficnet's Caste. You could have the fab five in their gothic (or peasant attire) and Cinderella in her rags. Have a section for Dead Man's Chest (including the water villains from Pirates and The Little Mermaid and Peter Pan), Villain's Village (Toontown for the wealthy Villains like Cruella and Lady Tremaine), Wonderland with the Red Queen still under rule (could include a dark ride) and a spot for Pixar's villains. This area would be 100% open to new ideas and rides. They could move Fantasmic! here (put World of Color in Fantasmc's old lot)...

As you can see, I have thought about this for years. I would love a villain's park!

OMG I LOVE THIS WHOLE IDEA...freakin amazing. lol.

BrerFrog

Finding villains to take pictures with is already quite a challenge, so I don't see them building a whole gate dedicated to them, not even a single land.

Captain Chaos

Great idea!!! Now this officially ends any chance of getting a villains theme park in WDW.. :lol:

harveyt0206

Practically every Disney movie has a Villain of some sort. Seems there would be plenty that they could do with the Villain if they wanted to. I am sad that they are getting rid of Villains in Vogue. While they merchandise has been rather generic the past few trips, I think the idea of the store could/should be great.

JustInTime

Glad you like them! lol.

And I forgot my idea for nightmareland. It would have Nightmare before Christmas and Mickey's Nightmare roller coaster. So, let get this park made...

...in a million years. :lol:

Omegadiz

id prefer a land or expansion of fantasyland. i dont think an entire park would work because attractions usually have happy endings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom