Viewing spots for World of Color that are comfortable?

Mr. Tux

Original Poster
Hi all,

Does anyone know of any good viewing spots for WoC where you can sit and wait instead of stand and wait? Thanks!

TP2000

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any good viewing spots for WoC where you can sit and wait instead of stand and wait? Thanks!
No such thing. No seats were ever designed into the World Of Color viewing area that was built from scratch back in 2009. Because it's World Class Guest Service, so you get to stand.

But just for fun, try dragging one of these down into that concrete World Of Color amphitheater around 7:00 PM on a summer evening and see what happens. And also bring an ice chest full of beer and cold fried chicken. (Which actually sounds like a perfectly delightful way to see the show on a warm summer evening!)
BlueWhite1_BananaLounge-6.jpg

Please report back here with your findings!

Last edited:

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Back in the day when we used to get the WoC Dinner Package at Ariel's Grotto they would put us in one of the sections near the stairs and we could sit on them until the show started. It was still hard, but at least we weren't flat on the ground.

I'm not sure where the Dining or Fastpass viewing is now as I ended up not watching the show last time I was there.

TP2000

So... to get a seat for the water show, like for an elderly relative, you have to pay extra for a dessert party or make a dinner reservation and then plead with the hostess for a waterside table?

Got it.

World Class Guest Service from TDA executives who don't actually use their own product strikes again. ;)

Meanwhile, at your local junior college...

Last edited:

Mr. Tux

Original Poster
No such thing. No seats were ever designed into the World Of Color viewing area that was built from scratch back in 2009. Because it's World Class Guest Service, so you get to stand.

But just for fun, try dragging one of these down into that concrete World Of Color amphitheater around 7:00 PM on a summer evening and see what happens. And also bring an ice chest full of beer and cold fried chicken. (Which actually sounds like a perfectly delightful way to see the show on a warm summer evening!)
BlueWhite1_BananaLounge-6.jpg

Please report back here with your findings!
Got into the virtual queue during my visit, I stood for most of the time, leaned against a railing. The standing spot wasn't bad, I got a good view of the show, and thanks to the virtual queue, I did not have to camp out for an hour and a half to secure a spot, and stood for only an hour (including the time the show took).

PiratesMansion

Easier said than done finding a comfortable spot for WOC, which is why I've only seen it three times, one of which was the dreadful 60th version.

Too much hassle to make seeing the show worth it for me most of the time.

I guess it does make the show more enjoyable when I do see it though. I hadn't seen the OG show since 2014 and so there were a lot of surprises and things I didn't expect last week when I did watch it.

Still, give me a DCA with Paint the Night any day over a DCA with World of Color.

waltography

Easier said than done finding a comfortable spot for WOC, which is why I've only seen it three times, one of which was the dreadful 60th version.
Celebrate was shockingly bad. Glad it has never resurfaced. The only redeeming part of the show for me was the Forever Young segment, but even then it felt lazy because that song was also used for all the (incredible) TV adverts for the 60th.

I personally am peeved we lost the Firebird/Bald Mountain/Hellfire sequence in favor of Pirates. The Pirates sequence isn't even the best live action segment World of Color had (that distinction goes to TRONcore), and in general I prefer World of Color sticking to animation.

PiratesMansion

I personally am peeved we lost the Firebird/Bald Mountain/Hellfire sequence in favor of Pirates. The Pirates sequence isn't even the best live action segment World of Color had (that distinction goes to TRONcore), and in general I prefer World of Color sticking to animation.
Bring the original segment back. In addition to being awesome music from underrated movies, I am over Pirates in all capacities. If Toy Story is #1 in properties Disney has made me hate because of overexposure, Pirates is an easy # 2 (with the caveat that I never liked any of the Pirates movies at any moment ever).

Even the ride has suffered for me lately. The auction scene is the one DLR change that I still can't get over, and if we must have the movie characters, Shanghai's version does it so much better than the half measure "Captain Jack Sparrow!" x infinity that we have jammed into the other rides now.

CaptinEO

Celebrate was shockingly bad. Glad it has never resurfaced. The only redeeming part of the show for me was the Forever Young segment, but even then it felt lazy because that song was also used for all the (incredible) TV adverts for the 60th.

Celebrate was atrocious, it started off talking about Walt Disney then Walt Disney Animation, and it turned into talking about Disneyland with Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey Mouse singing over bad flash cartoon animations of the rides, then there is a full length Force Awakens Trailer and Let it Go song mixed in there.

One of the worst shows I've ever seen.

waltography

Celebrate was atrocious, it started off talking about Walt Disney then Walt Disney Animation, and it turned into talking about Disneyland with Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey Mouse singing over bad flash cartoon animations of the rides, then there is a full length Force Awakens Trailer and Let it Go song mixed in there.

Oooh, now that we're talking about Celebrate I have to write my own treatise on it or else I'll never stop thinking about it. 😂 I'm still shocked that it ever made light of day. We moan about how Harmonious and Enchantment aren't very good, but I've never seen a nighttime show as confused at what it wants be as Celebrate. It attempts be a clip show, a PBS documentary, and a nostalgia machine all in one while also being entertaining and fails at every level.

I attribute a lot of the failure to Davison's hand. He has a really bad habit of playing all his cards within the first minute of the show, leaving nothing as a surprise for later. The fact that he spoils quite possibly every single effect within the first minute (every fountain on full power, new lighting packages on the coaster, projections in the loop + Fun Wheel, lasers, flamethrowers, and fog jets) is bad show.

And to add to the animation clip show inexplicably ending with a full LIG sequence and the Force Awakens detour, this show has 3 separate Walt Disney quotes! It uses the same "started by a mouse" voice clip twice! The finale has a fakeout for no reason! Why?!

SuddenStorm

I went to the Resort probably 20 times during the 60th- and never once saw the World Of Color show they were running.

Instead, we always opted for the trifecta- Paint the Night, Disneyland Forever, then walking over to the Rivers for the 10:30p Fantasmic.

Thumbelina

First timer going to see the show, do I have to get virtual queue to see the show or can is there a spot to camp out for it? Do the virtual queues fill up fast? any tips on checking out the show will help. I dont feel like the dining package or the desert party will help in my party(full of picky eaters).

Emmanuel

First timer going to see the show, do I have to get virtual queue to see the show or can is there a spot to camp out for it? Do the virtual queues fill up fast? any tips on checking out the show will help. I dont feel like the dining package or the desert party will help in my party(full of picky eaters).

VQ isn't necessary unless you want to see the show from the main Viewing area as shown below

IMG_8807.jpg

You can view it without a VQ from several spots around Paradise Bay but most is a rear or side view and projections are a big part of the show. The bridge leading to Pixar Pier used to be part of the FP Viewing area years ago but I believe the bridge is now standby
IMG_8808.jpg

But no you don't need VQ but if you want a good view of the show, I would definitely think about doing VQ. You'll get notified when to go to the viewing area when the viewing area opens via notification on your phone so I suggest having dinner at the nearby Paradise Gardens around 6 and 7 that way you can head to the viewing area immediately once you get the notification.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Do the virtual queues fill up fast?
It's the same procedure as how Rise of the Resistance or Web Slingers did their virtual queues. You refresh the app right at noon and join the queue. It goes quickly, so you have to be quick. It's free and at least worth trying to get a good spot, especially if you aren't doing the dining packages. Worst case you miss out and can still view from standby spots.

Thumbelina

VQ isn't necessary unless you want to see the show from the main Viewing area as shown below

View attachment 659783

You can view it without a VQ from several spots around Paradise Bay but most is a rear or side view and projections are a big part of the show. The bridge leading to Pixar Pier used to be part of the FP Viewing area years ago but I believe the bridge is now standby View attachment 659784

But no you don't need VQ but if you want a good view of the show, I would definitely think about doing VQ. You'll get notified when to go to the viewing area when the viewing area opens via notification on your phone so I suggest having dinner at the nearby Paradise Gardens around 6 and 7 that way you can head to the viewing area immediately once you get the notification.
Thank you so much! Photos help a lot!

Thumbelina

It's the same procedure as how Rise of the Resistance or Web Slingers did their virtual queues. You refresh the app right at noon and join the queue. It goes quickly, so you have to be quick. It's free and at least worth trying to get a good spot, especially if you aren't doing the dining packages. Worst case you miss out and can still view from standby spots.
Thank you so much! Fingers cross we get lucky and get a good spot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom