Viewing previous or next thread

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Has this feature been eliminated? Seems like the only way to move from one thread in a forum to the next thread is to go back to the forum's "home" page that lists all the threads.

I used to be able to click "previous thread" and just go to another thread. I can't find that anymore. Thoughts?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I use the "What's New" option. It lists threads that have updated since the last time I used "Mark Forums Read". Read what's new in the thread and then use the back button and carry on through the list. I certainly don't read every thread, I try to pretend I have a life.... ;)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Has this feature been eliminated? Seems like the only way to move from one thread in a forum to the next thread is to go back to the forum's "home" page that lists all the threads.

I used to be able to click "previous thread" and just go to another thread. I can't find that anymore. Thoughts?
Yes the only way to go to another thread is to move back to the listing screen. You can either use the back button in the browser, use the navigation, or use the breadcrumb navigation. If you use the breadcrumb, you can choose how far back you go - either to the forum homepage, the category you are in, or the board you are in.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
That's kind of lousy. It doesn't "ruin" the forum, but if I want to read the last 10 threads, it's an extra 10 "backs" to the forum home page. :(

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
That's kind of lousy. It doesn't "ruin" the forum, but if I want to read the last 10 threads, it's an extra 10 "backs" to the forum home page. :(
Just open up the threads in new tabs. you can open up all 10 and never have to use the back button.

nepalostparks

Where is that feature located? Thanks.

whatsnew.jpg

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Just open up the threads in new tabs. you can open up all 10 and never have to use the back button.
Yeah, that'll work I guess. Just seems like it would be easier just to click "next". Thanks for the idea, tho. I'll probably end up doing that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom