Video Taping Parades

DisneyWorld30th

Original Poster
Everyone loves a Disney parade...Is it the characters? The floats? The choreographing? I think Disney puts hidden messages in the music! What makes us drawn to the parades?

Wouldn't you love to capture that moment on tape!

Here's a suggestion on preserving your memory!

Most camcorders come with a standard viewfinder as well as a LCD Display. Turn the LCD Display towards the parade, the characters love dancing and playing with the camera. (This works best during the nighttime parades).

If anyone has any questions, please let me know!

Feel free to comment or leave your own suggestion below!

Atta83

I dont know i filmed the parades at all different angles. The last parade I caught was the share a dream parade. I was at the top of the train station and i can get everything in the shot inclucing the castle in the background.

PhotoDave219

Multiple cameras, multiple angles. Use good editing software and pull a clean audio track from somewhere off the internet. Storyboard, storyboard storyboard.

Good tripod doesnt hurt either....

Speedbird

The Miracle of Monopod

I've been taping the parades at WDW and DLP for a good while now and the best tip is to use a monopod and a wide angle lense. Most camcorders have a thread underneath to take monopods. They're portable and give a much more stable image when used on the ground BUT when extended and held up over the crowd it gives a near perfect view, even from the back! Turn the LCD screen downwards and you can frame as well as on the ground and a wide angle lense allows you to see more.

You'll be able to spot me at WDW from Monday for three weeks! I'll be under the monopod.

djmatthews

Speedbird said:
I've been taping the parades at WDW and DLP for a good while now and the best tip is to use a monopod and a wide angle lense. Most camcorders have a thread underneath to take monopods. They're portable and give a much more stable image when used on the ground BUT when extended and held up over the crowd it gives a near perfect view, even from the back! Turn the LCD screen downwards and you can frame as well as on the ground and a wide angle lense allows you to see more.

You'll be able to spot me at WDW from Monday for three weeks! I'll be under the monopod.

Great tip. I use the same kind of idea with my Canon A80 Digital Camera. It has a screen that moves and twists etc. Have a great time in WDW.

BTW is your username anything to do with British Airways?

Wildman113

Here's why I love the Disney parades: it's the fun, light, carefree mood that it creates
It's all that you mentioned: the assembling of all the characters together, the great orchestral scores, the seemingly carefree synchronization of all the elements...

A comment on my comment about the assembly of characters. Not only do the characters assemble, but all the people congregate as well. This, most times, adds to the purpose that everyone is there: to enjoy themselves and have a good time with others who are there for the same purpose.

Plus, Disney knows how to put on a parade! They are incredible! (My favorite was the Tapestry of Nations... fantastic parade). There are somewho don't, but I think most everyone loves a parade. I think it's something a lot of people have grown up on and has fallen in love with... the idea of a grand parade. I'm not talking about a small town Christmas parade, where they celebrate "Little Miss Ant Hill" and every little thing. A grand parade, that time and energy went into.

That's all for the sociology lesson for today, boys and girls :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom