VHS Tape player back "online"

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Just wanted to share my weird excitement over a tape player this morning. Yes, it is an older piece of electronic equipment. But recently, the hubs and I changed and rearranged the living room and re-connected some electronics. I initially didn't think my VHS player was working. However, I found out the reason it wasn't working was because one of our little fur balls decided cords were good chew toys. Luckily, that cord can and will be replaced, tonight! Yes, I am excited I get to watch old VHS tapes.

Man, I even got the original VHS of The Muppet's Christmas Carol, with the original song that for some reason they decided to delete later. Why though? That was the sweetest saddest song in the movie. Yes, Disney. As a kid, I didn't mind those feels.

Other than that, woopie!:joyfull: Disney VHS tapes from the 90s with those wonderful Disney World promos at the beginning :inlove:

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
giphy.gif

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Speaking of VHS tapes, I found some old home videos that my parents recorded. Well, I guess in my tween years I decided that Dragon Ball Z was a lot more important than home videos...and copied over a tape with a few episodes...

Yay, tween years. :rolleyes:

Goofyernmost

Speaking of VHS tapes, I found some old home videos that my parents recorded. Well, I guess in my tween years I decided that Dragon Ball Z was a lot more important than home videos...and copied over a tape with a few episodes...

Yay, tween years. :rolleyes:
My sister recently had all my parents 8mm home movies made into a DVD.

I have some VHS tapes that I'd like to get done like that as well. My kids in school plays, etc. I have one of my daughter giving birth to my first grandchild. Ain't no one wants to see that again. I thought watching my daughters be born was all the experience, of that nature, that I would ever need. I was right.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
My sister recently had all my parents 8mm home movies made into a DVD.

I have some VHS tapes that I'd like to get done like that as well. My kids in school plays, etc. I have one of my daughter giving birth to my first grandchild. Ain't no one wants to see that again. I thought watching my daughters be born was all the experience, of that nature, that I would ever need. I was right.
Oh I wish I had been able to get the rest of the home movies from my mother. There were a few good memories on those tapes. Unfortunately, and putting this kindly, she has a very destructive personality. A lot of those tapes have already been destroyed. But, the one tape I did manage to save has my late dad on it which I am so thankful for.

ETA: I found an 8mm that was transferred to VHS with my late grandparents and greatgrands on it years ago. It was really neat to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom