Vegetarians

karl46

Original Poster
We are going to wdw next year and was wondering if anyone can tell me what the vegetarian options are like in all the parks and general area around Kissimmee and Disney.

scorp111

Disney is quite accomodating for vegetarians. All sit-down restaurants generally have at least one vegetarian option. If not, they are quick to create one. Most counter-services have an option or two as well. I have been an ova-lacto for the past 10 years, and have no issues at WDW.

Based on my experiences, The US in general is a little less "friendly" to vegetarians than the UK and Europe, but has come quite a long way in the last few years.

DznyChick

As a vegetarian myself, I can tell you that it is not as hard to find meatless options as one would think. Salads are available at most of the sit down restaraunts. At a few of the stands, veggie burgers are sold (which are really delicious, if I do say so myself :slurp:) Worse case scenario, at a sit-down restaraunt, request a children's menu and explain that you have a vegetarian diet. I did this once (can't remember where..) and they were able to give me some macaroni and cheese and a side salad. Cast members are very helpful if you're willing to ask. :wave:

Philo

My Girlfriend is a veggie and we didn't have too many problems. We were fine at any Table Service restaurant although I recommend you tell them in advance when you book - just in case. Counter Service varies from very little option to quite a lot. We found MK was quite difficult where as Epcot was great (especially round WS).

You won't go hungry but if you planning to just turn up at a restaurant of grab counter service then be prepared to do a little walking around to find the right place.

karl46

Original Poster
My Girlfriend is a veggie and we didn't have too many problems. We were fine at any Table Service restaurant although I recommend you tell them in advance when you book - just in case. Counter Service varies from very little option to quite a lot. We found MK was quite difficult where as Epcot was great (especially round WS).

You won't go hungry but if you planning to just turn up at a restaurant of grab counter service then be prepared to do a little walking around to find the right place.
:pThank you. We went a couple of years ago and found that my DD didnt have much choice of food being a vegetarian and started this thread to see if much has improved.:wave:

papercut

My wife and i are both vegetarians and the past three years we've gone to WDW and done okay finding food. Like everyone else said, there's always at least something everywhere that you can get that's meatless. We always look at the menus online before we make our ADRs though just to make sure we'll like the one or two vegetarian options.

One thing to remember... there's no meat in Mickey bars!!! :slurp:

Philo

Karl - I should just mention that my girlfriend isn't a fussy veggie so it might be a little different for you. As long as it doesn't contain lumps of meat / fish then she will eat it. (i.e. she will eat all cheese, isn't really bothered about how things were cooked etc). Pretty much all the TS places will be fine though.

I have a couple of friends who are vegan and I would bet they would have a VERY hard time finding something to eat unless they booked at TS restaurants.

karl46

Original Poster
Karl - I should just mention that my girlfriend isn't a fussy veggie so it might be a little different for you. As long as it doesn't contain lumps of meat / fish then she will eat it. (i.e. she will eat all cheese, isn't really bothered about how things were cooked etc). Pretty much all the TS places will be fine though.

I have a couple of friends who are vegan and I would bet they would have a VERY hard time finding something to eat unless they booked at TS restaurants.

Thanks Philo My DD is not particularly fussy and she seems to be eating a larger range of food than last time so from what i am reading she should be ok.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
The menu section on this site is a great tool when planning out dining options, etc for veggies or vegans. Also, if you see something you really like or are intrigued by on the menus, check out the "Recipe?" thread to see if somone has the recipe so you can see the ingredients.

Hope that helps! :D

Iknewagirlnamed

I highly recommend Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge. They have a plethora of vegetarian items. Also Chef Mickeys for breakfast is a great option. As far as signature restaurants go, I recommend California Grill. They always offer several absolutely EXCELLENT vegetarian options.

And I agree with everyone else in the thread, they are very good with catering to vegetarians. Unfortunately not so much with vegans, however.

And yes, I have been a vegetarian for 4 years. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom