Vegan on a cruise

Nj4mwc

Original Poster
I assume theirs the usual salads, fruits and veggies one can find in the restaurants and buffets on the DCL, but do they have any other vegan options, i.e. Tofu, seitan, bean burgers etc?

NelleBelle

Absolutely!! My DH and I are vegetarian (I know, quite different from vegan, but I was raised vegan the first 4 years of my life). There are many vegan dishes on the buffet and if you ask the chefs in Cabanas, they will show you everything that is vegan and may be able to make you something that is vegan. In the main dining rooms, a lot of the vegetarian entrees can be made vegan. Every time we have cruised, we have been offered Indian fare cooked "special" for us (they have a lot of Indian CM as well as guests cruising so they have food they can cook nightly for you). They had lots of tofu, legumes, etc. Make sure you put on dietary restrictions that you are vegan!! Call DCL and make sure it is added to your cruise notes so they have the information. And if you don't like the food, speak up to your serving team! We had the head waiter earn his tip by making sure we had food we liked. We tipped him extra for it on our last cruise. We absolutely love the food for the most part and if you get a chance, Palo is divine!!

Nj4mwc

Original Poster
Thanks for the info, it's a big factor on wether or not to do something if there isn't food available. Don't want to go on a week cruise and eat nothing but French fries for a week, it's good to know about the Indian food

NelleBelle

Oh totally know what you mean! They are really really great with sitting down with you and going over the next night's menu to come up with ideas about what you want (I'm allergic to mushrooms and the options were terrible for me for entree's one night. So the chef asked me if there was anything I had seen--even in another dining room--and we came up with a plan). One night, there were no vegetarian appetizers, and I was pretty ticked about it. I shouldn't have even worried, because out came our server with a beautiful trio of different hummus dips, salads, and tomato tarte. He had already talk to the chef and had him prepare something just for us. It really was the best service we've had (all the service we've had on DCL has been great, but our last cruise was phenomenal)! Hope you have a great time and eat till your completely stuffed!!!

C&D

We just got off the ship; putting it in just a few words: they aim to please. You should have no problems with dining; they will go up and beyond to please (at least that has been our experiences). First thing, when the server meets you for the first time, is whether you have any dietary restrictions. Bon Appetite

jaklgreen

We just got off the ship; putting it in just a few words: they aim to please. You should have no problems with dining; they will go up and beyond to please (at least that has been our experiences). First thing, when the server meets you for the first time, is whether you have any dietary restrictions. Bon Appetite

This is so true. We were seated next to an Indian family one cruise and every night they had a whole Indian feast brought out to their table. It looked really good, but personally I would have switched it up a bit. I am Polish but do not live on ONLY Polish food. But that is what they wanted and got.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom