Values sold out in Feb '18 already, cheer comp?

R W B

Original Poster
I'm looking on the website and it appears all values except AoA are completely booked from Feb 10th-17th 2018. Is this due to a Cheerleading Comp or were their prices not released? Yes I did do a google search and also here on the forums before I posted for all you search nazis lol.

Cmdr_Crimson

Good thing I booked in February for my Jan/Feb 2018 Trip...

And to answer your Question...It's always due to the Cheerleading Competitions...
https://uca.varsity.com/Competitions/National-HS-Cheerleading-Championship

Also keep in mind the Brazilian Tour Groups take over around this time as well...On my last few trips it has come to the point that they come in big groups and take over many of the rooms..

Last edited:

wdwmamamouse

We often go in late Jan/early Feb before the rate changes at President's day. I usually don't book until the fall and have always found Disney releases more rooms - certainly not a guarantee, but that has been my experience. We have always been able to get a reservation in the values (usually I select POP if it is available)...there are also plenty of moderates available as well. You could always book a moderate so you know you have a room lined up, then switch over your reservation to a value when a room becomes available. Don't give up!

darrenandmelissa

I have noticed the same problem for Feb 3-Feb10. I just looked and the cheapest room is at the Colorado Springs.

I booked my vacation at this time as everything I read said that the first week of a Feburary is one of the slower times(thus less crowds). Was this information incorrect and will there be big crowds in the parks that week.

Cmdr_Crimson

I just double checked just to see and yep even during the time I'm out there even within the End of January it's blocked out solid..Besides just the Tour Groups and Cheerleaders that come to the resort around this time...There are many other things happening...

Epcot's 2nd Festival of The Arts
The Pro Bowl in Orlando on Jan 28th and the families that come down are booking stays after the game happens...
Super Bowl on Feb 4th. Even tho it's playing in Minnieapolis MN this year the Winning team usually has their parade in MK a day or two later making it very very busy...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom