Value/Wholesale questions.

MrsPwdwLifer

Original Poster
Hello all!
I started selling some of my souvenirs and collectables online after my mom passed and we were getting ready to move 8 hours away, I didn't want to move lots of unnecessary stuff. Learning about sling those ways opened the door to doing some resale. I've tried to keep it to things I know like Disney among others. Now, I've been able to buy some bulk Disney bundles, fix the watches, polish the jewelry, make new jewelry out of broken pieces and make bundles of pins from the ones that aren't scrappers or outright fakes. I can't do that to someone so they just go on mom's lanyard.

So far I'm only about 30% done with what I have on hand. I've listed everything that is ready. So a gentleman who bought jewelry from me before asked me "how much for all of your Disney?" I sent pics of the full countertop and kitchen table of things I just got in and haven't even started inventory or research and asked if he actually wanted ALL, or just what's posted. He said sure but it was stressing me because I don't know the motive, is he being Santa because somehow he heard about the really rough year we had and is trying to save Christmas? Is he just curious and I'm doing a ton of work for nothing? Or is he a genuine resaler and wants Disney inventory? Ack!

So, I wrote back again asking for ideas about what he liked or was interested in or a price point to shoot for, not holding him to any actual numbers, just wanted some kind of clarification. Still nothing to help me decide what to take pics of or offer.

I stayed up super late and laid things out in a few different sets then took the pics and went ahead and counted things just so I had an idea. I need to start keeping actual records anyway since it's not just my stuff, it's stuff I'm buying.

Right now I have 309 individual items. Pins that may be worth $1 to fairly rare cast member ones to unopened lanyard starter sets. Jewelry that ranges from Disney Couture to $6 children's bead necklaces. New in box to some vintage that is a little tarnished. Collectable figurines from the '80s to now, very cool souvenirs I can't find anywhere else like my mom's 1993 leather Disney Day Runner that's in perfect shape.

Anyway that's a sample. I know when people want "everything" they want a deal but I don't even have a clue what it's worth because I haven't had time yet to research a lot of it. There are some things that may well be vintage or cheap fakes. I'd offer half of what I think I could sell it for but I don't know what that is. Just wondering where to look for advice on this situation. I'd like to figure something out quickly so I don't really have time to submit it for an appraisal or anything.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, especially if you're still reading this, I talk way too much.

PS, should I add those pics here?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom