News Valet parking discontinued at Disney Springs

Chip Chipperson

Was this a Disney service or was the District in charge of it? I could see it being g discontinued if there wasn't enough demand to justify to cost of paying the valets their hourly wage, but I could also see it being a lame attempt by the new Board to mess with Disney.

MagicHappens1971

Was this a Disney service or was the District in charge of it? I could see it being g discontinued if there wasn't enough demand to justify to cost of paying the valets their hourly wage, but I could also see it being a lame attempt by the new Board to mess with Disney.
This was a Disney service that’s contracted out to the same Valet company they use for all the resorts.

Trauma

1690899594256.gif

Prince-1

Surely there’s something in the vendors’ lease agreements preventing that?

Possibly but Disney can also have stores and restaurants offer validations if someone spends money in their establishments and parking would be free. If you go around Disney Springs and don’t purchase anything then you pay for parking.

TalkingHead

Possibly but Disney can also have stores and restaurants offer validations if someone spends money in their establishments and parking would be free. If you go around Disney Springs and don’t purchase anything then you pay for parking.
Specifically thinking about AMC. Not sure how that would fly with them and their A-List subscription. It’s a big location for the chain, so figures they would have some weight to throw around.

Not to mention, logistically are the garages and access roads even capable of handling toll booths? The road that goes from I4 West to Orange is tiny and feeds directly into the garage. It would be able to handle one-two cars at a time. Backups would be the norm on weekends and evenings.

Prince-1

Specifically thinking about AMC. Not sure how that would fly with them and their A-List subscription. It’s a big location for the chain, so figures they would have some weight to throw around.

AMC can still validate parking. Several theaters I know have validation machines inside where either a staff member does it or the guest does it themselves.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I don't believe Disney is allowed to charge for standard parking in the DS garages. The District... well, they can do whatever they want, right?

ETA: I may be wrong about the above, I'm not a local or insider, just going off my recollection of those garages when they've been built and plenty of people were predicting a parking fee.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I don't believe Disney is allowed to charge for standard parking in the DS garages. The District... well, they can do whatever they want, right?
Since the garages were built from district money, you can bet that the current board will be looking for ways to monetize them. They do need to pay for all of their legal fees. Not sure that Disney could stop them from charging a fee, and if they do, DS will take a HUGE hit since a lot of locals won't be willing to pay to park. We would just continue taking a bus from the resort, even though we do drive and park at times as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom