Using someone else's MB for FP+

journ116

Original Poster
Please move this thread, or combine it with another, if this question has been raised and answered already:

Can someone other than the MB holder use said MB to utilize the FP's associated with it?

We have an upcoming trip in Feb. 2014, and there are several members in our travel party (ALL linked to my MDE account) who will not or cannot ride certain rides, while other members of our party will and can. We have run into this situation in years past, but it was easy to resolve using the paper FP system. For example, my DH would simply secure FP's for our little family of 4, but only the oldest DD met the height requirement and would use her younger sisters' FP to ride twice (once with DH and once with me). We will have a similar situation in February, and would like to know if we can 'still pull this off' utilizing MB's?

Another prime example: our day at AK, 4 out of 9 travel members like EE, while 5 out of 9 like Dinosaur, but ALL want to ride Safari and Kali River Rapids together (totaling 4 FP+ attractions for some, but only 2 for others). Here's what I'm proposing: scheduling FP+'s for my DD's and in-laws for EE, but have the 4 family members who want to ride use DDs' and in-laws' MB's. Follow? This will then allow the 5 people who like Dinosaur to ride, while the in-laws watch my DD's. Still following? Annnnd, ALL of us get to enjoy the Safari and Rapids together! Will we be able accomplish this scenario, that is, use someone else's MB for FP+? I'd rather not waste the FP's or not secure them at all, so long as there are other members of our party who will use them.

Thank you in advance and I look forward to reading your responses!

journ116

Original Poster
Yes to both questions, as long as the owner of each band has used it to enter the park that day. (Otherwise it is like trying to get a paper fastpass using a ticket that was not used for park entry... Can't be done.)
Thank you!

RonAnnArbor

You can currently do this -- you might not be able to do so in the future -- Disney is aware of this loophole (it came up at my focus group) and they might be adding fingerprint biometrics to your fastpass check-in down the road...maybe they won't and you'll be lucky. As it stands, they don't work half of the time anyway, so they basically just let you enter as long as the light turns green...and sometimes even when it doesn't...

stevehousse

You can currently do this -- you might not be able to do so in the future -- Disney is aware of this loophole (it came up at my focus group) and they might be adding fingerprint biometrics to your fastpass check-in down the road...maybe they won't and you'll be lucky. As it stands, they don't work half of the time anyway, so they basically just let you enter as long as the light turns green...and sometimes even when it doesn't...

The number 1 problem I kept seeing for the FP lines were the scanning of bands taking too much extra time and backing up the line, those lines would be twice as bad if u had to also do the finger scan! This has to be a joke! I don't see why it would matter so much who uses it. I woul rather not see lots of unused FP go.

For our trip 2 weeks ago, I did this several times for myself so I could ride the bigger rides so to speak that my 2 boys aren't talk enough for yet. Since my youngest is only 2, for a lot of our FP picks we did those bigger rides knowing very well that we could get ride swap passes still. So essentially my 5 yo son and I would scan our bands an ride first. Then he would go with my wife using the paper ride swap pass, basically leaving 1 unused FP on a band. Well as long as the hour wasn't up, I would take that unused FP and switch it to something I could ride, like space mountain! I did this several times in this trip and I never got a silly look or told I wasn't able to do this by any cm manning the FP lines. I purposely would hold one of their bands in the same hand as my own band was on and would just scan and be let right in, no questions asked. I see no use in Disney trying to limit something like this.

MOXOMUMD

Finger scans? Uh what a waste of time. Soon those 3 FP+ you pick will be your only rides of the say because the back-up from everyone finger scanning will take so much time out of your day.

RonAnnArbor

Hey, just to keep in mind -- the entire FP+ thing might disappear within the coming year, so lets see what happens. They have generally gotten nothing but negative feedback from visitors. The only folks who seem to like the FP+ system is first-time visitors.

DisneyJoe

They have generally gotten nothing but negative feedback from visitors. The only folks who seem to like the FP+ system is first-time visitors.

Not sure where you are hearing this. Most of my clients, both first time as well as seasoned visitors, love the Magicbands and FP+ system. Granted, we do much of the work for them in getting them setup, but once they are there, they love it - especially those that love to sleep late and then stroll into a park and get onto the top 3 rides in a park.

I've spoken to many others that aren't clients too - and the majority love it.

Granted, this is just based on my data sample.

journ116

Original Poster
Interesting thoughts to ponder…

Oh geez, no finger scans! and I didn't know I had to scan my band twice in the FP+ line!

I'd like to reserve judgement about MB's and the new FP+ system, but after reading experiences on here and reading up on the system, my DH and I (seasoned WDW travelers) have very, very expectations. Even explaining the new system to our fellow travelers is proving troublesome…I kinda turned them off from going…however, their flights are already booked and paid for, so they're locked in ;)

Tara R Wright

I don't think finger scans would be a huge deal, but they seem unnecessary. 3 FastPasses go with each "ticket" who cares who uses them. I also have to say our May 2014 trip was the best to date because the MagicBand FastPass system allowed us to plan our day ahead of time and relax knowing we had 3 in the bag so to speak. I would be sad to see the system go away.

Yearly visitor - new DVC member

erasure fan1

On most of the rides the person at the entrance would say our names as we entered the ride. So as long as you make sure its a guy using a guy or girl using a girls band you should be fine.

stevehousse

On most of the rides the person at the entrance would say our names as we entered the ride. So as long as you make sure its a guy using a guy or girl using a girls band you should be fine.
U dont even have to do that. Many times I scheduled my wife or son bands for height restricted rides and took their bands and scanned them while wearing mine and no one said a thing! We would usually have 1 left over FP because of child swaps and such....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom