Using memory maker with out magic bands

Mcgold76

Original Poster
I am in charge of organizing my multigenerational family vacation for 12. We going at the end of the month. I think the memory maker will be great for our family. We are not staying in the parks so won't be using magic bands. How does it work with out the MB? Heard they stopped sending a card to use. Will our tickets work? How do we get our ride photos?

Rob562

I am in charge of organizing my multigenerational family vacation for 12. We going at the end of the month. I think the memory maker will be great for our family. We are not staying in the parks so won't be using magic bands. How does it work with out the MB? Heard they stopped sending a card to use. Will our tickets work? How do we get our ride photos?

You just have to tap your park admission ticket to the reader under the video monitor at the exit to the ride (since the park ticket is linked to your MDE account, it looks your profile up using that) . The only one you'd have trouble getting is Seven Dwarfs, which doesn't have monitors and only auto-links to MagicBands. But if you're interested in getting that, make note of the time you ride and then stop by the PhotoPass service center and they can look you up and link it.

And it doesn't have to specifically be *your* ticket. Anyone in the group can scan their ticket. Just make sure that if there are people in your group that have their own MDE login accounts that they choose the setting "this person can view and purchase my PhotoPass photos" option when they link to you.

-Rob

Rob562

Thanks Rob. Do the photographers also scan your ticket when they take group photos?

To the best of my knowledge, yes. (I haven't visited an in-park photographer in a few years) Though I think you can also get a PhotoPass card from them that can then be linked to your MDE later.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom