Using Last Year's MYW tickets

StarWolf

Original Poster
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere already. I couldn't find an answer.

Last year, we split our 14 day trip across two resorts (CBR and Pop). Since we wanted dining plan, we had to buy two sets of MYW tickets. The first resort had a 10 days worth of tickets and the 2nd had 3 days.

It turned out that we didn't use any of the days from the second package. Now I know the tickets expire 14 days after first use, but we never "first use"-ed the 2nd set of tickets.

So here's my question: Are they still there to be used on my resort key?

And here's why I'm asking in case there's another solution: Although I have my doubts the tickets are still there, but it sure would be nice. We're going for 16 days this time pretty soon. Again, we have to do two packages because you cannot buy a 16 day package even though we're staying at Pop the whole time. For this upcoming trip, we bought a 10 day with Park Hopper and Water Parks and more, and a 1 day with no options. We're realizing now that we want to park hop the last day but my Park Hopper tickets will have expired by the time we get to the last day if I start using them the first day. I could use my new 1 day for our first day, but we're still stuck for the 2nd day with no tickets. This is where I wish I had one more day. And I certainly don't want to pay for more tickets. This trip was expensive enough. :)

Thanks for any advice.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Take your resort keys from last trip with you. If the still have valid, unused admissions, they'll be able to verify that at Guest Relations.

MiceysBestPal

Take your resort keys from last trip with you. If the still have valid, unused admissions, they'll be able to verify that at Guest Relations.

DITTO.

And, even if you used this ticket as a ROOM key, if you did NOT use use it as park-admission at a theme-park gate, it will still be valid.
A MYW ticket (regardless on what kind of card it's on) stays valid until it is used at a park's ticket-reader.
THEN the clock starts ticking.
And you can only check this in-person at any WDW resort front desk, or any ticket or Guest Relations window at a theme-park, water-park, or DTD.

Nansafan

You are going for 16 days and not getting an AP? Did you check what the price difference would be? There are discounts offered with an AP and PAP like you sometimes catch room rate specials and dining and shopping discounts. Just a suggestion though it might be too late now.

StarWolf

Original Poster
You are going for 16 days and not getting an AP? Did you check what the price difference would be? There are discounts offered with an AP and PAP like you sometimes catch room rate specials and dining and shopping discounts. Just a suggestion though it might be too late now.

I didn't check and it is too late. I'd just come off a month of 100hr work weeks when my wife dangled another trip to Disney in front of me. I couldn't refuse. :) She booked it all but doesn't have quite the research bug that I do. But I think it's close so I don't think I'm out much, if anything. And there's no chance of another trip this year. $2500 airfare makes us go for longer vacations - less often.

Thanks for the advice though. Maybe another time. :)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I didn't check and it is too late. I'd just come off a month of 100hr work weeks when my wife dangled another trip to Disney in front of me. I couldn't refuse. :) She booked it all but doesn't have quite the research bug that I do. But I think it's close so I don't think I'm out much, if anything. And there's no chance of another trip this year. $2500 airfare makes us go for longer vacations - less often.

Thanks for the advice though. Maybe another time. :)
Check anyway! It's never too late! The tickets you currently have can be converted if it's to your advantage!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom