using genie+ on check in day

jamesb2

Original Poster
Since check in time at Caribbean Beach, where we are staying, is not until 3 PM, can I book any Lighting lanes or Fancy Rides tm from home for Magic Kingdom later that day even though I'm not there yet or do I have to wait until check in time to start booking for the day?

nickys

Premium Member
I would also do on-line check-in.

Worth remembering you can check in at any time after about 6am, and your room may be easy early if you’re lucky. The 3pm is when they aim to have your room ready by, but you can check in earlier.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Since check in time at Caribbean Beach, where we are staying, is not until 3 PM, can I book any Lighting lanes or Fancy Rides tm from home for Magic Kingdom later that day even though I'm not there yet or do I have to wait until check in time to start booking for the day?
You absolutely can!

If you're willing to pay for ILLs for 7DMT and Space, you can do it.

As for the G+ rides, Jungle Cruise goes first, so at 7 Eastern, that's the one to try to book for as soon as you think you'll be there. Then, starting 2 hours after park opens, you can start stacking more.

Honestly, arrival day was the only day G+ worked well for us - use it!

tpoly88

im probably not looking in the right spot but can you pick a time slot for a lightning lane choice or the paid lightning lane? a couple times when i went on at 7am it would give you a window of say 9-10am, but i know we would not make it in time to be there. can i pick to say i want to go on at 2pm?

Rob562

im probably not looking in the right spot but can you pick a time slot for a lightning lane choice or the paid lightning lane? a couple times when i went on at 7am it would give you a window of say 9-10am, but i know we would not make it in time to be there. can i pick to say i want to go on at 2pm?

Genie+ selections you get what's currently being distributed with no way to select a time. If you want it to be later, you have to keep refreshing until people have booked earlier slots and the time advances to what you want.

The only thing you can specifically select a time range for is Individual Lightning Lane purchases (aka the "fancy rides"). But if it's for something that sells out quickly (like Rise or Guardians) it might still end up later than you choose by the time you tap through the first couple screens as time slots get snapped up.

There's also one other way to force a ride selection to be 2pm or later. If you have a park hopper and you try to book a time slot at a park *other* than the one you have a park reservation for, it will force your selection to the first-available post-2pm slot.

-Rob

tpoly88

Genie+ selections you get what's currently being distributed with no way to select a time. If you want it to be later, you have to keep refreshing until people have booked earlier slots and the time advances to what you want.

The only thing you can specifically select a time range for is Individual Lightning Lane purchases (aka the "fancy rides"). But if it's for something that sells out quickly (like Rise or Guardians) it might still end up later than you choose by the time you tap through the first couple screens as time slots get snapped up.

There's also one other way to force a ride selection to be 2pm or later. If you have a park hopper and you try to book a time slot at a park *other* than the one you have a park reservation for, it will force your selection to the first-available post-2pm slot.

-Rob
Thanks Rob that was very helpful

lukacseven

I had a similar situation. Our flight was not arriving until 1:00 PM and when I went onto the MDE app at 7:00 AM, all of the LL selections were for before we would arrive. So, I just waited and checked back while waiting at the airport for something later in the day to become available. ILL selections DO allow you to specify a return time, but it is a little frustrating because we would have liked to be able to select some later times.

fradz

Adding on that : if you book 3 nights you can book 4 days of LL+ at 7am ? (Including arrival day and departure day) or 3? And 4 days of early entry or 3?

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Adding on that : if you book 3 nights you can book 4 days of LL+ at 7am ? (Including arrival day and departure day) or 3? And 4 days of early entry or 3?
4 - and I think you meant it this way, but one day at a time. So if you're arriving Sunday and leaving Wednesday (3 nights), and have 4 days of tickets, then at 7:00 AM each day, you can buy your ILL and start making G+ selections. And from what I've read from others, you get early entry each day. So if you're outside 30 minutes early on your checkin day, they should let you in.

MKSIS918

Rob - I am new to this as well. We are staying at the swan sunday night and are going to HS Monday. But we will be off property after that. Plan to do Animal Kingdom on Tuesday morning and have a park hopper. When can I start trying to book LL for Guardians at Epcot? If we use it at AK it would only be for Avatar

nickys

Premium Member
Rob - I am new to this as well. We are staying at the swan sunday night and are going to HS Monday. But we will be off property after that. Plan to do Animal Kingdom on Tuesday morning and have a park hopper. When can I start trying to book LL for Guardians at Epcot? If we use it at AK it would only be for Avatar
Guardians has a virtual queue and ILLs available. No stand-by.

Since you’ll be offsite on your Epcot day, you can only buy an ILL when the park opens. If you have an Epcot reservation you can try for the virtual queue at 7am. Otherwise you will only be able to try for the 1pm VQ once you enter Epcot.

Flight of Passage is also an ILL ride, so you can buy one at park opening. Or wait in stand-by.

fradz

Guardians has a virtual queue and ILLs available. No stand-by.

Since you’ll be offsite on your Epcot day, you can only buy an ILL when the park opens. If you have an Epcot reservation you can try for the virtual queue at 7am. Otherwise you will only be able to try for the 1pm VQ once you enter Epcot.

Flight of Passage is also an ILL ride, so you can buy one at park opening. Or wait in stand-by.
You always need a reservation to try for the VQ since park hopping starts at 2PM (except for people eligible for extended hours)

nickys

Premium Member
You always need a reservation to try for the VQ since park hopping starts at 2PM (except for people eligible for extended hours)
It is possible to hop to Epcot and the VQ still be open. The 1pm VQ stays open for a lot longer than the 7am one. And if the VQ is still open you can join it once you’re in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom