Using FastPass+ with Rider Swap for family of 3 question.

kubrick2061

Original Poster
Ok, so I'm planning our vacation for Thanksgiving and was looking up Rider Swap because we have a 1.5 year old. According to everything that I read, all I need is one fastpass+ reservation for an attraction that we can't ride together because only one of us will be riding at a time and employing the Rider Swap. Am I correct, or misreading? Did anybody try this and have any problems? I know it's common to use only when you have a larger family, but my wife and I both enjoy rides that my daughter can't ride and was wondering if the Rider Swap still applied to us?

nickys

Premium Member
Ok, so I'm planning our vacation for Thanksgiving and was looking up Rider Swap because we have a 1.5 year old. According to everything that I read, all I need is one fastpass+ reservation for an attraction that we can't ride together because only one of us will be riding at a time and employing the Rider Swap. Am I correct, or misreading? Did anybody try this and have any problems? I know it's common to use only when you have a larger family, but my wife and I both enjoy rides that my daughter can't ride and was wondering if the Rider Swap still applied to us?

Yes it still applies.

In general your assessment is correct.

But there is a caveat, which you should be aware of. The policy is not written down and it is up to the CM at the entrance to apply it as they see fit.

- There are several reports now of everyone intending to ride FoP and 7dmt being asked to scan their FP before being given the rider swap lanyard/ticket. So that everyone needed an FP to do rider swap. YMMV but you should to be aware of that.

- And again for those two rides, sometimes the rider swap is only valid the same day. Usually it is valid for a week or more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom