New Feature 'User Online' badge now displayed in threads

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
When a user is online, you will now see a green badge in the upper left corner of the user's avatar within a thread.

The presence of the green badge means the user is currently active, the absence of the green badge means the user is not currently active on the forum.

You can see an example of the online badge below.

wdwmagic-online-icon.jpg

If you do not wish your status to be shown, you can configure your privacy at http://forums.wdwmagic.com/account/privacy

Last edited:

MissM

The presence of the green badge means the user is currently active
By "active" do you mean simply logged into the site or actively doing something on the site? I guess what I'm asking is, if I opened a tab to the forums, and walked away but left the tab open, would it consider that user "active?" I simply as since I've been known to do that on many an occasion! ;)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
By "active" do you mean simply logged into the site or actively doing something on the site? I guess what I'm asking is, if I opened a tab to the forums, and walked away but left the tab open, would it consider that user "active?" I simply as since I've been known to do that on many an occasion! ;)
There is a time since your last activity on the forum that is used to determine your online status. So if you left a tab open, after a certain period, you would be inactive, even though the tab is open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom