USA Today Article (Negative towards WDW)

Goofyernmost

1651073055543.png
I read the article and didn't see much that was negative about WDW. What I saw was a whole lot of sarcastic statements, tongue in check,
and all of it ridiculing the actions of calling for a boycott. In the words of the father in CoP... "It'll never work!"

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
View attachment 635685
I read the article and didn't see much that was negative about WDW. What I saw was a whole lot of sarcastic statements, tongue in check,
and all of it ridiculing the actions of calling for a boycott. In the words of the father in CoP... "It'll never work!"
At least you read the entire article.
I just skimmed it and then posted it. Why? 🤔 Well...I thought many people on wdwmagic would enjoy reading it.
Thanks for taking the time to post a response.

macefamily

If you read older articles about Mr. Disney, he completely refused bringing politics into his work. His focus was making things great for families to escape. But now people are so over-stimulated with social media they feel that need to comment on issues. See Mr. Chapek.

Disstevefan1

I am confused. A former Tallahassee Democrat reporter is calling to boycott WDW?
So now both sides are creating their own lists of reasons to boycott WDW?
Well, look on the bright side. This could mitigate crowds......
Na, the MOBS will show up anyway.

Goofyernmost

If you read older articles about Mr. Disney, he completely refused bringing politics into his work. His focus was making things great for families to escape. But now people are so over-stimulated with social media they feel that need to comment on issues. See Mr. Chapek.
If you read any books on Walt Disney you would know that he was a very conservative political person and he made his thoughts known. The difference was that the internet didn't exist so it was not so well known. There still are no political sides displayed when you are in the parks, but the parks are run by humans that have as much right of Freedom of Speech as anyone else. They, like Walt, didn't fill his park with political non-historic opinions. However, he had the reputation of taking only the positive sides of events. Positive politics is something that just barely exists in todays world. The other difference is that in Walt's time our constitution was followed and the government might have wanted to be vindictive, but the respect was there and the checks and balances worked and the right thing was done more often then not. People were allowed to form their own opinions and didn't wait for some snake oil salesmen to tell them what they should think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom