upgrading tickets

RLJ126

I have a 1 day child ticket that I want to upgrade to a 10 day. My child would have just turned 10 2 weeks before trip. Do I have to upgrade that ticket to an adult one since I have it when he was younger, or can I upgrade it as a child ticket?

tampabrad

If your child is 10 he should use an adult ticket. If your child is 9, he can use a child's ticket. You say your child turns 10 two weeks before your trip. Therefore, your child is 10 and would require an adult ticket.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

You can however still get 1 days' credit with it I believe. According to Allears,
" if you have a partially used ticket, you may take that ticket along with your child who is now a teenager or older to a Guest Relations location at the major parks or DTD. If the Guest Relations CM is satisfied that the dates of the original ticket and the current age of your child make sense, you will have the leftover child's admissions exchanged for the identical adult admissions at no further charge to you. The "child" must be with you or you will be unable to do this."

Upvote 0

meganw1985

Hang on. I found this:

"If you purchased your MYW tickets from a non-Disney source such as AAA or a Florida ticket wholesaler, you can upgrade them and you will only be charged the price difference between the gate price of your old ticket and the gate price of the new one as long as the ticket has been used and you do the upgrade within the 14 day from first use window. Disney will absorb the difference between what you have paid for the ticket and the current gate price. If you upgrade a completely unused MYW ticket that was purchased at a discount, you may lose the discount when you upgrade."

So is this saying that if I buy my ticket from Undercover Tourist, I have to use it first, (I'm assuming to find out if it's valid or not?) when I get there, then they will charge me the difference between what it is worth at their gate (not the discounted price I paid for it) and what the AP would be? And whatever discount I got, would just be "eaten" by them? And if I do all this right inside the gate on the first day I use it, my AP date will be from that day forward? I just have to make sure it's used first?

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Hang on. I found this:

"If you purchased your MYW tickets from a non-Disney source such as AAA or a Florida ticket wholesaler, you can upgrade them and you will only be charged the price difference between the gate price of your old ticket and the gate price of the new one as long as the ticket has been used and you do the upgrade within the 14 day from first use window. Disney will absorb the difference between what you have paid for the ticket and the current gate price. If you upgrade a completely unused MYW ticket that was purchased at a discount, you may lose the discount when you upgrade."

So is this saying that if I buy my ticket from Undercover Tourist, I have to use it first, (I'm assuming to find out if it's valid or not?) when I get there, then they will charge me the difference between what it is worth at their gate (not the discounted price I paid for it) and what the AP would be? And whatever discount I got, would just be "eaten" by them? And if I do all this right inside the gate on the first day I use it, my AP date will be from that day forward? I just have to make sure it's used first?

You got it. The Annual Pass will revert to the first day you used the original park hopper.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom