"Upgrading" an AP + FL resident question

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I'm planning on moving to FL in 2020. My current AP expires 10/31 and I'm planning on being in FL in November & January (for runDisney events + apartment hunting). Am I able to "upgrade" my AP to a FL resident AP with monthly payments - or do i have to wait for it to expire again?

bUU

You need to show some proof of residency that isn't easy to fake - a drivers license, a utility bill, etc. Unless you're renting an apartment in November from what appears to be a real landlord (i.e., not Airbnb) then you probably don't have an option for a FL resident AP regardless.

Surfin' Tuna

They are supposed to ask for an ID and almost always do. Depending on when in 2020 you are moving, I would be quite tempted to do my best to avoid getting a new AP until then. Once you have a signed lease, you can get your new driver's license right away. Then you can get your AP with monthly payments.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm planning on moving to FL in 2020. My current AP expires 10/31 and I'm planning on being in FL in November & January (for runDisney events + apartment hunting). Am I able to "upgrade" my AP to a FL resident AP with monthly payments - or do i have to wait for it to expire again?

Nope. If you want to renew your current non-FL resident AP to a FL resident AP with the price discount and monthly payment when it expires 10/31, you'll need to show proof of FL residency (DL or whatever other document Disney accepts as proof of residency) at time of activation. Otherwise, they'll charge you for the difference at that time and could make you pay the balance due in full, also, as you're not entitled to the handy monthly payment plan. But, and this is a big but, once you've relocated to Orlando next year, you might get them to convert the non-FL resident AP to FL resident AP and get a refund.

So, we've committed to Dopey?

LAKid53

Premium Member
They are supposed to ask for an ID and almost always do. Depending on when in 2020 you are moving, I would be quite tempted to do my best to avoid getting a new AP until then. Once you have a signed lease, you can get your new driver's license right away. Then you can get your AP with monthly payments.

Not any more. Under the new Real ID Act of 2005, @DznyGrlSD will need 2 documents to proof residency to obtain a FL driver's license. Which are:

• Deed, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental/lease agreement
  • Florida Voter Registration Card
  • Florida Vehicle Registration or Title
  • Florida Boat Registration or Title (if living on a boat/houseboat)
  • A statement from a parent, step-parent or legal guardian of an applicant. The parent or guardian must reside at the same residence address, accompany the applicant and present "Proof of Residence Address"
  • A utility hook up or work order dated within 60 days of the application
  • Automobile Payment Booklet
  • Selective Service Card
  • Medical or health card with address listed
  • Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill
  • Current automobile insurance policy or bill
  • Educational institution transcript forms for the current school year
  • Unexpired professional license issued by a government agency in the U.S.
  • W-2 form or 1099 form
  • Form DS2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) status
  • A letter from a homeless shelter, transitional service provider, or a half-way house verifying that the customer resides at the shelter address
  • Utility bills, not more than two months old
  • Mail from financial institutions; including checking, savings, or investment account statements, not more than two months old
  • Mail from Federal, State, County or City government agencies (including city and county agencies)
I've lived in Florida for over 50 years. I've had a FL DL since I was 17. When I renew my license in 2021, I'm going to have to drag my butt to the DMV, along with my SS card, passport, utility bill and mortgage statement, as opposed to renewing online.

Surfin' Tuna

Not any more. Under the new Real ID Act of 2005, @DznyGrlSD will need 2 documents to proof residency to obtain a FL driver's license. Which are:
You are correct, and I forgot this. I do not know how I forgot this, since I had to do it last year... Then after all that I got the worst picture of my life. She asked me if I liked the picture, and I said, "no." She then said, "no likes their picture anyway," and she made the license with that picture. I would say don't go to that location, but they have since closed and moved to Ocoee.

LAKid53

Premium Member
You are correct, and I forgot this. I do not know how I forgot this, since I had to do it last year... Then after all that I got the worst picture of my life. She asked me if I liked the picture, and I said, "no." She then said, "no likes their picture anyway," and she made the license with that picture. I would say don't go to that location, but they have since closed and moved to Ocoee.

I keep asking fir the Christie Brinkley Photoshop package. They laugh....

actioncookbook

The process of getting the new FL ID was insane. And I've lived here my whole life.

Plus I agree with what the other posters have said. They ask for ID every time. I've never not had to show it when it related to anything FL discount related.

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
sorry i meant upgrading to FL resident between 10/31/19 - 10/31/2020 once i AM a resident

LAKid53

Premium Member
sorry i meant upgrading to FL resident between 10/31/19 - 10/31/2020 once i AM a resident

You've got 30 days after your AP expires to renew. Otherwise, you don't get the renewal discount, which I believe is the cost of a single day ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom