Upgrade to AP from a package

Uncle Kebo

I know you can upgrade to an AP from a regular park ticket, but I need to know if I can do the same for just one person in a package. We have a free dining package for 4 adults and 2 children coming up at the end of September. I was wondering if I can upgrade the 5-day park hopper for just my wife and I to an AP.

Rob562

IIRC yes, but you need to ensure that they retain your dining credits while they upgrade you.

@Rob562 might be able to add...

It's been a while since I've had to deal with upgrading a ticket (and even longer since I've had the dining plan), but yes, once you check into the hotel, you can upgrade individual tickets. It'll have to be done at Guest Services at a park or Disney Springs.

And @Monty is correct, it's best to mention that you have the dining plan before they start upgrading because if the CM is forgetful there's a step they can miss, which leaves your dining plan in limbo.
It's my understanding that they essentially "strip" the ticket off of your hotel reservation, assign an intermediary ticket, and then use that intermediary ticket to upgrade to the AP. It's a couple extra steps vs. upgrading a standalone ticket, but it still should take under 10 minutes.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom