News Updated lighting effect materializes at Haunted Mansion

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Haunted-Mansion_Full_51531.jpg

celluloid

It is great to be able to actually see things again. I can't tell how I really feel about it until I see it in person. But it sure seems nice. The one light source seems really odd though on top of the hearse.

Bocabear

I don't know..... It looks horribly glaring, and the red and orange lighting kind of kill the color styling of that portion of the rde making it look even more cartoon-like. The Paris version has a very expanded use of color at the end, but it is the whole haunted western town, where it makes a little more sense... I would need to see video on how it comes together, but the photo looks way too bright and glaring and very wrong...

JustInTime

I don't know..... It looks horribly glaring, and the red and orange lighting kind of kill the color styling of that portion of the rde making it look even more cartoon-like. The Paris version has a very expanded use of color at the end, but it is the whole haunted western town, where it makes a little more sense... I would need to see video on how it comes together, but the photo looks way too bright and glaring and very wrong...
Maybe they are still tweaking it?

castlecake2.0

This picture has really exaggerated the scene. The hearse has always had the two lanterns on the front, the new effect is the red light inside. Whatever setting this photo was taken on makes its look a million times brighter than it actually is in person

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
This picture has really exaggerated the scene. The hearse has always had the two lanterns on the front, the new effect is the red light inside. Whatever setting this photo was taken on makes its look a million times brighter than it actually is in person
Yes the picture was there to show the new light, and the whole scene is brighter here than it is in person. It is far more subtle in reality.

I was pretty impressed with the picture though, taken in near pitch black conditions 😉

castlecake2.0

Yes the picture was there to show the new light, and the whole scene is brighter here than it is in person. It is far more subtle in reality.

I was pretty impressed with the picture though, taken in near pitch black conditions 😉
The pic is beautiful! Would like it in one of those Disney park calendars. Just didn’t want anyone to be scared the scene had been drastically altered.

MrPromey

Not to knock improvements to the Haunted Mansion - I love this ride - but they sure do love plussing this one for some reason, despite it never really having been in need of any of it.

Meanwhile, across the water, BTM's main effects remain broken/off indefinitely and the replacement remains in limbo, our Pan gets an updated queue but no DL-like update to the attraction itself, etc...

Priorities? What priorities?

Last edited:

thepirateking

I'm not sure I'll ever find it again, but within the past couple years, I read a post somewhere (I'm not sure if it was old or new) about a Haunted Mansion maintenance technician. It specifically mentioned a lightbulb in the hearse I think.

I don't remember all the details, but I think it was about restoring the lightbulb/effect to its original operating status.

Interesting that they would upgrade this one area. I wonder if that post and this upgrade are at all related?

Has anyone else run across this post? It was either here or social media...

ToTBellHop

Not to knock improvements to the Haunted Mansion - I love this ride - but they sure do love plussing this one for some reason, despite it never really having been in need of any of it.

Meanwhile, across the water, some of BTM's main effects remain broken/off indefinitely and the replacement remains in limbo, our Pan gets an updated queue but no DL-like update to the attraction itself, etc...

Priorities? What priorities?
Historically, it’s been favored by MK VPs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom