Updated app glitching? Able to reserve FP+ for the next month

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Hi all,
My family has a trip coming up in September, but I was playing on the MDE app on my iPod touch last night and it was letting me pick FP+ options for the next month. I checked again this morning and it is still letting me pick and reserve FP+ times for today through May 1st. I canceled the ones I made because I was just playing with the app and won't be there to use them.
Is anybody else experiencing this? I assume when we hit 60 days I'll be able to reserve FP+ for our actual travel dates. I was happy to have the chance to play with it, but it seemed weird that I could reserve times for now but not when we travel.
-RW

Rob562

Hi all,
My family has a trip coming up in September, but I was playing on the MDE app on my iPod touch last night and it was letting me pick FP+ options for the next month. I checked again this morning and it is still letting me pick and reserve FP+ times for today through May 1st. I canceled the ones I made because I was just playing with the app and won't be there to use them.
Is anybody else experiencing this? I assume when we hit 60 days I'll be able to reserve FP+ for our actual travel dates. I was happy to have the chance to play with it, but it seemed weird that I could reserve times for now but not when we travel.
-RW

Did you purchase your tickets separate from your hotel reservation and link them to MDE?

If so, it's not a glitch but rather it's treating you like an off-site Guest, allowing you to make FP+ reservations 30 days in advance up to the number of days on the ticket.

If you're buying your tickets as part of a package, then yes it may be glitching since package tickets aren't available before you check in and shouldn't give you access to FP+ before your check-in date.

-Rob

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Rob- yes. We purchased the tickets separately. My mom used DVC points to book the hotel.
That makes so much sense. It hadn't let me do that prior to the update, so I thought it was related.
Thanks for the clarification!

Tom

Beta Return
Rob- yes. We purchased the tickets separately. My mom used DVC points to book the hotel.
That makes so much sense. It hadn't let me do that prior to the update, so I thought it was related.
Thanks for the clarification!

Then you will definitely want to delete all FP's you made, because it knows how many days your tickets are good for, and will only allow you to make FP+ for that many days. You don't want to end up not being able to book FP+ when your real time comes.

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Thanks! I deleted them moments after making them. It was nice to be able to see the process before actually needing to go through with booking them.
Are you sure though about only being able to book FP for the number of days on your ticket? We're going for 10 days, but only have 7 day tickets. We plan to have a few resort days in the middle. Shouldn't the system let us make FP for the 14 days we have to use the tickets?

Rob562

Thanks! I deleted them moments after making them. It was nice to be able to see the process before actually needing to go through with booking them.
Are you sure though about only being able to book FP for the number of days on your ticket? We're going for 10 days, but only have 7 day tickets. We plan to have a few resort days in the middle. Shouldn't the system let us make FP for the 14 days we have to use the tickets?

The system will allow you as many days of FP+ reservations as there are on your ticket, any 7 days starting from your checkin date, through 14 days after your check in date. So though you're there for 10 days, you'll only be able to make FP+ reservations on 7 of them.

-Rob

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The system will allow you as many days of FP+ reservations as there are on your ticket, any 7 days starting from your checkin date, through 14 days after your check in date. So though you're there for 10 days, you'll only be able to make FP+ reservations on 7 of them.

-Rob
So, have they patched the issue where I could make FP reservations even when I wasn't there and hadn't planned a trip there?

Back in December, I was able to (just did it to see if I could...and I could). I called Disney IT Support to report the bug.

Rob562

So, have they patched the issue where I could make FP reservations even when I wasn't there and hadn't planned a trip there?

Back in December, I was able to (just did it to see if I could...and I could). I called Disney IT Support to report the bug.

As of yesterday, FP+ is now open to anyone with a ticket linked to their MDE profile. If you don't have an active hotel reservation, you can only make them for 30 days from the current date.

-Rob

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Thanks Rob! That clears things up. So long as we can make FP reservations for the days we will be in the parks I'll be happy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom