Update on Rapunzel/Cinderella FP+

DizneyPryncess

Original Poster
Just posting for anyone in my same situation! We booked Rapunzel as a FP+ for early May, before she was grayed out. Yesterday I noticed that my FP+ for Rapunzel had disappeared. Instead, I had something called "Select Experiences", and my other 2 FP's.

So confused, I called. The CM said the "Select experience" FP can be used from open to close, on anything you want that is listed below it. It can be used on any of 7 things. She guessed it was issued since they had to remove my Rapunzel FP when they added Anna & Elsa. So it's kind of a bonus FP. I was able to go back in & book the Cindy/Rapunzel FP, along with my other original 2. But I still have that extra FP listed too!

Anyone else see this same thing?

Weather_Lady

Did WDW send you any kind of notification?

Otherwise, I can imagine there will be a lot of upset people who didn't happen to check MME at the right time and missed the chance to "rebook" the M&G with Rapunzel that they thought they already had!

I'm so nervous that they're going to take away my Anna & Elsa FP+ (which seems to have been a flash-in-the-pan offering that was fully booked almost immedaitely) that I obsessively check MME a couple of times a day to make sure it's still there...

DizneyPryncess

Original Poster
Did WDW send you any kind of notification?

Otherwise, I can imagine there will be a lot of upset people who didn't happen to check MME at the right time and missed the chance to "rebook" the M&G with Rapunzel that they thought they already had!

I'm so nervous that they're going to take away my Anna & Elsa FP+ (which seems to have been a flash-in-the-pan offering that was fully booked almost immedaitely) that I obsessively check MME a couple of times a day to make sure it's still there...

I didn't get any sort of notice, I just went on & checked it. I agree that people will be angry if they go thinking they have a FP that isn't there anymore. The open ended one lists "Cinderella & a Princess Friend" as an option, but doesn't list Rapunzel. I'm assuming that wording is going to change to Cinderella & Rapunzel. That will allow whoever had either of those booked individually to use the open ended fastpass to go whenever. But since Rapunzel wasn't technically listed, I didn't want to take any chances, and I just rebooked it. DD loves her. I just expected that open ended one to disappear when I did that, but it's still listed now. So there's 4 there. I'm not sure if it'll stay that way or what.

I'm obsessive with checking too, just with all the changes being made right around the time I'm going. And apparently stuff can disappear!

Here's what the "Select Experiences" FP is good for:

Capture.jpg

WendyTinkerbell

Since you had already booked the FP and then they switched the line up, it seems like they added the "Select Experience" FP to make up for the change in the princess line up. I think that was a very nice way of Disney correcting the problem and probably avoiding a lot complaints. (Not saying there won't be some complaints, but many people will pleased with the additional FP.) When I was booking FPs, the princess meet and greets were grayed out and would not allow a selection. I'm assuming that has been corrected since they confirmed the moving of princesses.

DizneyPryncess

Original Poster
Since you had already booked the FP and then they switched the line up, it seems like they added the "Select Experience" FP to make up for the change in the princess line up. I think that was a very nice way of Disney correcting the problem and probably avoiding a lot complaints. (Not saying there won't be some complaints, but many people will pleased with the additional FP.) When I was booking FPs, the princess meet and greets were grayed out and would not allow a selection. I'm assuming that has been corrected since they confirmed the moving of princesses.

Yes, definitely very nice of them! I am pretty excited about having a 4th FP, even still with being able to rebook. :) When I check my FP options now, I believe you're right that the Princesses have been corrected. Cinderella is now w/Rapunzel, and Anna & Elsa are together, starting April 20th.

DizneyPryncess

Original Poster
Just curious of the dates that you are going? Is it after April 20th? I just checked and my Rapunzel M&G is still there, however I am going April 5-8th.

We are going April 29th to May 7th. I think before April 20th, Rapunzel & Cinderella are still separated, and after the 20th they are booked as one FP.

DWLove

Just posting for anyone in my same situation! We booked Rapunzel as a FP+ for early May, before she was grayed out. Yesterday I noticed that my FP+ for Rapunzel had disappeared. Instead, I had something called "Select Experiences", and my other 2 FP's.

So confused, I called. The CM said the "Select experience" FP can be used from open to close, on anything you want that is listed below it. It can be used on any of 7 things. She guessed it was issued since they had to remove my Rapunzel FP when they added Anna & Elsa. So it's kind of a bonus FP. I was able to go back in & book the Cindy/Rapunzel FP, along with my other original 2. But I still have that extra FP listed too!

Amazing! I noticed it was gone and rebooked but was wondering what the select experiences was! I will for sure be using mine for Peter Pan! So we don't have to book the select experience, we can just use it, right?

DizneyPryncess

Original Poster
Amazing! I noticed it was gone and rebooked but was wondering what the select experiences was! I will for sure be using mine for Peter Pan! So we don't have to book the select experience, we can just use it, right?

From what the Cast Member took me, you don't have to book anything for the Select Experiences one. It has the park times from open to close at the top, and you can use it for anything that's listed underneath it! She said just to scan your wristband and it would know! I have no idea what we're going to use ours on - just one of those things that we come upon that has a wait. :)

dreamfinder

It sounds just like the ones you get if an attraction goes 101 during your scheduled FP+ window. You don't need to do anything, they function simply by you showing up at the attractions listed during operating hours and swiping your band.

stillgoofy

I just read your post and checked mine too. Rapunzel Fastpass (5/4) also disappeared & I also have the "Select Fastpass" bonus. How did you re-book your Rapunzel? I tried but then it said you only picked one and it auto-picked the other two for me. I want to keep my other original two FastPass. Do I need to book all 3 over again in one set?

DizneyPryncess

Original Poster
It sounds just like the ones you get if an attraction goes 101 during your scheduled FP+ window. You don't need to do anything, they function simply by you showing up at the attractions listed during operating hours and swiping your band.

It does sound just like that. I haven't used the new system yet, but that would make sense!

DizneyPryncess

Original Poster
I just read your post and checked mine too. Rapunzel Fastpass (5/4) also disappeared & I also have the "Select Fastpass" bonus. How did you re-book your Rapunzel? I tried but then it said you only picked one and it auto-picked the other two for me. I want to keep my other original two FastPass. Do I need to book all 3 over again in one set?

I dealt with that same thing. I had Under the Sea and Enchanted Tales with Belle also booked, and didn't want to change them. It wouldn't let me pick just one without autopicking the other two. Since both of my other FP's still had availability, I just selected Rapunzel/Cindy, and the other 2 again, so it didn't autopick. Then I just had to rearrange the times individually to get them back to where they were. I was pretty open to any time, so this worked out.

If you're not as flexible w/times, or if one of your current FP's is booked, I would call and see if they can manually add your 3rd one. That was my plan if I couldn't get it to work. =)

stillgoofy

It worked. I was able to change when I changed all 3 and then I went back in and rearranged the times. Now I have my original 3 FastPass+ and the bonus "Select FastPass". Score!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom