Unusual Park Ticket Question

clearpath

I purchased a number of 7-day base tickets for the family before the latest price increase. We are planning to go later this month.

My idea was to hold on purchasing the "Never Expire" option and purchase later if it turns out we've only used a few of the days. I chose the 7-day ticket because the "never expire" option was $55 as opposed to $100 for 8-days or more.

Now I see they raised the "never expire" option on the 7-day to $90. So if I decide to add this option to my base tickets, would I have to pay the new $90 rate?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'm pretty sure if you make any upgrade, you pay the difference between what you paid and what the new ticket would cost now. So not only would you pay more for the no expire option, but the 7-day ticket itself would go up to today's price.

Example: you paid $400 for your 7-day base ticket. The no expire option was $50 at the time, but you didn't purchase it. Since then the cost of a 7-day base ticket has increased to $500 and no expire now costs $100. It would cost you $200 to upgrade your old 7-day base ticket to be a 7-day no expire. $100 for the increase in ticket price and $100 to ad no expire.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

To clarify...

You can upgrade your Magic Your Way Ticket anytime within 14 days of the ticket's first use, regardless of when the ticket was originally purchased. Also you may only upgrade a Magic Your Way Ticket within 14 days of the ticket's first used regardless of if the no expiration option was purchased or not.

When you upgrade, you pay the current gate price for the upgrade only, you do not need to pay for any difference in price for the original ticket.

For example, to upgrade an unused 7 day MYW Base ticket purchased in 2005 to a 7 day MYW + the No Expiration Option ticket, you would pay only $90 plus tax, the current gate price of this option. To upgrade an unused 7 day MYW Base ticket purchased in 2005 to a 9 day MYW Base ticket, you would pay $4 plus tax, which is currently the difference in gate price between a 7 day ticket and a 9 day ticket. If your ticket has the no expiration option, but it was first used more then 14 days ago, you still can not upgraded it in any way*.

* The only exception to this policy is the Florida Resident Play 3 Days Pass, this ticket expires 180 days (6 months) from first use and may be upgraded anytime within 180 days of the ticket's first use.

Upvote 0

clearpath

Original Poster
To clarify...

You can upgrade your Magic Your Way Ticket anytime within 14 days of the ticket's first use, regardless of when the ticket was originally purchased. Also you may only upgrade a Magic Your Way Ticket within 14 days of the ticket's first used regardless of if the no expiration option was purchased or not.

When you upgrade, you pay the current gate price for the upgrade only, you do not need to pay for any difference in price for the original ticket.

For example, to upgrade an unused 7 day MYW Base ticket purchased in 2005 to a 7 day MYW + the No Expiration Option ticket, you would pay only $90 plus tax, the current gate price of this option. To upgrade an unused 7 day MYW Base ticket purchased in 2005 to a 9 day MYW Base ticket, you would pay $4 plus tax, which is currently the difference in gate price between a 7 day ticket and a 9 day ticket. If your ticket has the no expiration option, but it was first used more then 14 days ago, you still can not upgraded it in any way*.

* The only exception to this policy is the Florida Resident Play 3 Days Pass, this ticket expires 180 days (6 months) from first use and may be upgraded anytime within 180 days of the ticket's first use.

Thanks for the reply!!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom