Unusual Long Hours?

minniemickeyfan

I noticed that MK park hours for June have been updated as well as Studios and AK.
I have gone in June every year in a row since 2004 and have never seen such long hours for this month. Christmas, spring break, yes, but June? For instance, June 10 and 24th MK opens at 8am to everyone! Quite a few nights open until 1am. The Studios I can understand with Star Tours opening the extended hours there and they've added lots of Fantasmic shows. And AK closes now at 8pm.
Are they expecting an unusual high crowd for something else or is everyone that excited about the new ST? :shrug:

DizneyPryncess

They did this same thing when I was there a few weeks ago, and I was really confused. I'd never seen such extended park hours for May. It was slightly more crowded than usual, but nothing major, and it didn't effect wait times much. To be honest, we only noticed the increase in crowds a few days - and a few other days crowds were small. I hope it's the same for you!

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

Original Poster
They did this same thing when I was there a few weeks ago, and I was really confused. I'd never seen such extended park hours for May. It was slightly more crowded than usual, but nothing major, and it didn't effect wait times much. To be honest, we only noticed the increase in crowds a few days - and a few other days crowds were small. I hope it's the same for you!
Thanks for the info. We'll be sure to get there early as usual, and adjust our touring days based on the hours.

Upvote 0

wolf359

Last June they never stayed open until 1am or opened at 8am regular hours.
Anyway, we have PH so we can always move around based on crowds.

I stand corrected. This set of changes is about the third made in the last month and I missed some when I glanced over them again yesterday.

Off to go update my itinerary... :)

Upvote 0

powlessfamily4

Last June they never stayed open until 1am or opened at 8am regular hours.
Anyway, we have PH so we can always move around based on crowds.

Agreed, they did have EMH that were open until 3:00 AM. I remember the park being almost deserted and we were having an AWESOME time riding the open rides. My 3 year old nephew hung in there until 1:30 :)

Upvote 0

Rob562

I know there's a big National PTA Convention going on at Coronado Springs starting the 7th or 8th, so that may be part of the reason for those out-of-the-ordinary 8am-1am hours...

I'm very glad for the extended hours, though. I leave for the World this coming Thursday. :)

-Rob

Upvote 0

disneyworld0403

Give you an idea if you wanna be at MK and avoid the crowd. On the days they open til 1am or 3am go back to the room take a nap or go do something til around 10pm. Once the last parade is over the park empties out and there is no line waits or they are short ones.

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I hope these hours are similarly extended for July (I suspect they will be). I looooove being in the parks late at night!

(Plus it's cooler, and, even in July, it's never crowded during a 12-3 EMH.)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom