Unofficial Guide

JohnD

Original Poster
Bought mine at the bookstore yesterday. Best guide around. Sometimes I'll buy the official Birnbaum version too because its fun to go through. Last year's was completely worthless. Pandora had just opened and the book acted like it was still under construction. By contrast, the Unofficial Guide was ready to go with Pandora info. The Birnbaum version is released in September. Will be very interesting to see if it has TSL info or will once again be a year behind. The official guide really dropped the ball last year.

geekza

No Jim Hill ponderings in the 2019 edition?
Nope. I liked them, but their exclusion isn't really a deal-breaker for me.

Amazon still seems to be having issues getting the book, too. Plus, there's still no Kindle version available for 2019. I find the entire situation odd. It's probably nothing, but having worked for the online behemoth, I also know that there are shady maneuverings when it comes to the buyers at Amazon trying to strong-arm deals from the publishers by making it difficult, if not impossible, to purchase their items via Amazon. This isn't related, but just try pre-ordering a Disney film on DVD or Blu-ray. You can't. Amazon and Disney are in a snit because Disney won't give Amazon the steep discount they're demanding. For a long time, you couldn't buy Nintendo consoles from Amazon for the same reason. You could find them on the site, but they were all sold by third-party sellers, rather than Amazon.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
No not a deal breaker here, but I always enjoyed them.....and for those who do not surf a bunch of other Disney sites, it gave a sense of curiousity about something coming you had now known prior....fun reading. I see he is still hanging out with Len on a blog, so wonder why he was left out of this issue....can't recall a past issue I have read without him?

geekza

No not a deal breaker here, but I always enjoyed them.....and for those who do not surf a bunch of other Disney sites, it gave a sense of curiousity about something coming you had now known prior....fun reading. I see he is still hanging out with Len on a blog, so wonder why he was left out of this issue....can't recall a past issue I have read without him?
They still do a podcast together. I'm sure it wasn't anything personal. Could have been scheduling problems or some internal publishing reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom