Unkown Attractions

MKCustodial

Original Poster
I've been listening to Intercot Radio, and there are some attractions played there that I've never heard of. Some Witch Doctor who tells your fortune, an Arabian-nights type lamp that does the same thing and a bird that advertises the Tiki Room? Can anyone clarify matters for me on these?

bearboysnc

At Disneyland in the adventureland Bizarre, there used to be an animatronic shrunken head that would tell your fortune.

Also in the same area, there was and alcove with a "magic lamp", a genie, would appear in a cloud of smoke and tell you your fortune.

Back when the Tiki Room opened. There was an animatronic Parrot that sat at the entrance to the Adventureland, calling people to "come see the tiki room" It caused such a traffic jam, it was moved inside the Tiki garden pre show, and eventually removed all together.

I don't know if these are what you are referring to. But they sound similar.

MKCustodial

Original Poster
Thanks, bearboy, those are EXACTLY what I'm talking about. So all of those were in DL? And, besides the parrot, the other two still exist?

magicboy68

I remember something with the genie in WDW. It was located where Playhouse disney is now ( In MGM). It used to be a buffet restaurant. Well, inside was a dark corner with a shining lamp inside. You would rub the lamp and the genie would come out. It was truly a hidden treasure that I would visit everytime!!!

Dizknee_Phreek

the parrot was at WDW's tiki room as well (not sure if anyone mentioned that already) *sigh* i miss him! i only remember one thing he said... "Come to the tiki room! Fly to the tiki room!....This has been a recording."
can anyone remember what else he said?

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by magicboy68
I remember something with the genie in WDW. It was located where Playhouse disney is now ( In MGM). It used to be a buffet restaurant. Well, inside was a dark corner with a shining lamp inside. You would rub the lamp and the genie would come out. It was truly a hidden treasure that I would visit everytime!!!

hey, i remember that!! i only ate at that restaurant once, and i remember only glanceing at that thingy you're talking about. i didn't get to look at it because there were already people looking at it, and we were leaving. plus the restaurant was really crowded! but yeah, i totally remember that!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom