Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
37m

At right, aerial overview of Super Nintendo World. Top left is the central area of Epic Universe. Excavations for a large circular fountain basin, and an attraction that overlaps a semi circular pond. Another large water feature seems to be taking shape nearby.
1659737225599.png

Aerial photo with Yoshi's Adventure at left, and a fresh concrete pour at right. Area at right is outside of Super Nintendo World, and faces center of Epic Universe.
1659737322401.png

Aerial overview of Super Nintendo World. 1 Donkey Kong track 2 Shiny vertical steel frame on roof of DK show building 3 Mario Kart 4 Yoshi's Adventure In Epic Universe.
1659737387016.png

Aerial look at Super Nintendo World 1 Concrete forms inside Mario Kart 2 Shiny vertical steel on roof of Donkey Kong 3 Excavation 4 Land entrance in Yoshi's Adventure area. In Epic Universe.
1659737493056.png

Aerial look at Donkey Kong in Super Nintendo World. Top arrow at recently placed shiny vertical steel frames. Bottom arrow at an excavation. In Epic Universe.
1659737540261.png

Aerial look at work in Donkey Kong area of Super Nintendo World. Some track is seen. Lower right are recently added shiny steel frames on roof of the building. At center is an excavation.
1659737584772.png

Top right half of this aerial photo has a look at work on Mario Kart. In Super Nintendo World in Epic Universe.
1659737637223.png

A nearly straight-down aerial look at Super Nintendo World in Universal's Epic Universe.
1659737694121.png

At center of this aerial photo is yellow barrier for an upcoming concrete pour for a floor inside Donkey Kong. In Super Nintendo World in Epic Universe. Note also the depth of the excavation top left.
1659737740727.png

JoeCamel

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
3h

Aerial overview of Universal's Epic Universe construction site.
View attachment 658265
Aerial overview of construction site of Universal's Epic Universe.
View attachment 658266
Aerial look at the Kirkman Rd extension, where it intersects with Universal Blvd at right. Arrow where there seems to be work starting on foundations for one of the Universal resorts in the Epic Universe site. At left, bridge construction over a canal.
View attachment 658267
At center of this aerial is site of the Epic Universe in-park hotel. Foundations seem to be underway at right arrow. Left arrow is believed to be at a park restaurant site in front of the hotel. Peninsula in the lake is believed to be fireworks launch.
View attachment 658268
Aerial look at site of the Epic Universe in-park hotel. Left arrow might be foundations starting for the tower. Right arrow at first wall placed at what is believed to be a park restaurant in front of the hotel. Large circular excavation is fountain basin.
View attachment 658269
Aerial look at current paving of the day guest parking lot for Universal's Epic Universe. Arrow at Destination Pwy, where construction of a new intersection is street signed: "Public Rd".
View attachment 658270
Aerial look at road construction in site of Universal's Epic Universe. Mostly for day guest parking at top center. Arrow at about the park entrance.
View attachment 658271
Aerial look at the fountain basin in front of the in-park hotel of Universal's Epic Universe. Arrow directed toward the hotel site. Workers are seen at center, near concrete forms.
View attachment 658272
Aerial photo of central area of Universal's Epic Universe. Around the circular fountain basin at center are: 1 Classic Monsters land 2 In-park hotel site 3 Harry Potter area 4 High speed dueling roller coaster turns 5 Attraction adjacent a pond.
View attachment 658273
Aerial look at an attraction near center of Epic Universe. Seem to be preparations for a large concrete pour. Note the ring of forms, at left arrow. Top arrow where there's a "deep end" like a swimming pool. Shown in concept art as a roof span near a pond.
View attachment 658274
Why are they moving so slow on this? I can only count 9 cranes working???

BrianLo

This is different. No idea what it is. I think that should be where the plane kiosk is.

Edit: Actually more recent Tokyo pics has (partially) their construction offices sitting there, but this building is more permanent.

1659737322401.png

super-nintendo-world.large.jpg

Last edited:

azox

Is the version at Epic Universe going to have the entrance at "Ground" level? or do you think they will make you go up some sort of ramp and then into the green tunnel and enter at the top of the castle like they do in the original Super Nintendo Land?

Sorcerer Mickey

Oooof. While I appreciate them trying something new, it doesn't really sound like a "Universal Monsters" land but a land filled with random creatures. But these are rumors and the thing isn't built yet so I'll wait to form an opinion, of course. Hoping we still get to see the originals.

JT3000

Oooof. While I appreciate them trying something new, it doesn't really sound like a "Universal Monsters" land but a land filled with random creatures. But these are rumors and the thing isn't built yet so I'll wait to form an opinion, of course. Hoping we still get to see the originals.
Who said the monsters would be random?

JT3000

The Screamscape article/rumor says there were monsters other than, and including, the main Frankenstein monster that were left in the basement of the castle.
But it never said who the imprisoned monsters are, or that they'd be random. Could there be some original creations in there? Sure, but I would wager that the Universal Monsters are the stars of the shows. It wouldn't be a Universal Monsters attraction without focusing on them.

Sorcerer Mickey

But it never said who the imprisoned monsters are, or that they'd be random. Could there be some original creations in there? Sure, but I would wager that the Universal Monsters are the stars of the shows. It wouldn't be a Universal Monsters attraction without focusing on them.
You could be right. If that’s the case, I wonder why the article doesn’t refer to them by name versus saying “monsters”. Either way, we won’t know for sure for another couple years at least.

JT3000

You could be right. If that’s the case, I wonder why the article doesn’t refer to them by name versus saying “monsters”. Either way, we won’t know for sure for another couple years at least.
I think it's meant to be inferred by the fact that they needed a plot device to bring the monsters together, as they originated in different parts of the world. It also mentions that they came from Dr. Frankenstein's time, and we know many of the Universal Monsters co-existed at that time thanks to the crossovers. We probably won't see every canon monster represented in this attraction, as they will be represented elsewhere in the land, but I suspect Frankenstein's monster won't be the only one. Based on the Jurassic World comparison, it sounds like some sort of new hybrid creation will also play a major role as well, so we will see both new & old.

Sorcerer Mickey

I think it's meant to be inferred by the fact that they needed a plot device to bring the monsters together, as they originated in different parts of the world. It also mentions that they came from Dr. Frankenstein's time, and we know many of the Universal Monsters co-existed at that time thanks to the crossovers. We probably won't see every canon monster represented in this attraction, as they will be represented elsewhere in the land, but I suspect Frankenstein's monster won't be the only one. Based on the Jurassic World comparison, it sounds like some sort of new hybrid creation will also play a major role as well, so we will see both new & old.

It's fun to speculate so let's keep this going.

I think imprisoning humanoid "monsters" like the Mummy, Invisible Man, and Dracula crosses a weird, uncomfortable boundary because they are almost more human than monster. Wolfman is heavily rumored to be featured in the new rollercoaster and the Creature from the Black Lagoon is heavily rumored to be received an attraction for a future expansion, so chances are those two will not be featured.

Invisible Man would make for a really cheap animatronic, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom