Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Parker41056

Few things I Noticed:
1) large domed building just before Monsters area - is that a Pikachu on top. Could this be a shooter attraction?
2) large stadium. I don’t think this is necessarily attached to the monsters land but my guess is a large capacity night show like Fantasia. If not, This is large capacity stunt/effects show.
3) theater type building in front of hotel. Interesting to see what happens here. Stage show of some sort?
4) Space Building. Is there water behind this structure? Park doesn’t clearly show a water ride. Could this be a jungle cruise style ride with unknown theming?
5 Path below space building. This path leads into the woods and seems to go nowhere. I think this is purposeful and a big reveal will come later. Perhaps Star Trek to to into the space building and could the coaster be a Warp Coaster pitting the Federation against the Klingons.
6 In the hi-res art there are two buildings at the bottom right. At least one has to be a show building and I think this land will more DreamWorks IP (Shrek, Trolls, Panda)
7 concept doesn’t clearly show a Yoshi attraction and what is the bigger building before you go through tunnel to Nintendo? I would guess it’s Nintendo related just not in same universe at Donkey and Mario so they separated. Zelda?

This has been really fun. Love to study the artwork and look forward to what’s coming next.

Animaniac93-98

2) large stadium. I don’t think this is necessarily attached to the monsters land but my guess is a large capacity night show like Fantasia. If not, This is large capacity stunt/effects show.

Waterworld is a staple of Universal Studios Hollywood, Japan and Singapore. Orlando is the only one not to have it.

I'm not saying their doing Waterworld as a theme again, but it makes sense to finally have a similar show in Orlando.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
So here is a crazy thought...

I don’t think this is Nintendo Land. At least not the first part.

I fully think this is Secret Life of Pets Land. It looks more like that city environment than Nintendo. Look at the buildings. Look at the windows on the side of them. Central Park in the middle. There is also no connectivity to Donkey Kong. I say this cause I don’t see the renderings or model we have seen in this concept drawing. Where is the mushroom? The pipes? Where’s Bowser’s black castle? Where do we see classic Mario here?

Universal said that there would be a lot of lands. On current concept drawing, I count 4. That’s not a lot. Now 6 or 8 is a lot. They are not showing us everything. I think that Star Trek is going on the right side by the space building. If this was truly epic like the name, does four lands do it for you? What if they are doing mini lands? What if the trees that we assume are expansion pads are just shown as trees to not give everything away. The reason I bring this up is that looks like Donkey Kong in the back, but what if the area of the trees in the middle left, is all of Nintendo Land. Donkey Kong wraps around behind SLOF and that arena is part of Nintendo Land.

Might be way off, but does this look like NL or SOFL more to you all?

1564939098924.jpeg

lazyboy97o

I fully think this is Secret Life of Pets Land. It looks more like that city environment than Nintendo. Look at the buildings. Look at the windows on the side of them. Central Park in the middle. There is also no connectivity to Donkey Kong. I say this cause I don’t see the renderings or model we have seen in this concept drawing. Where is the mushroom? The pipes? Where’s Bowser’s black castle? Where do we see classic Mario here?

Universal said that there would be a lot of lands. On current concept drawing, I count 4. That’s not a lot. Now 6 or 8 is a lot. They are not showing us everything. I think that Star Trek is going on the right side by the space building. If this was truly epic like the name, does four lands do it for you? What if they are doing mini lands? What if the trees that we assume are expansion pads are just shown as trees to not give everything away. The reason I bring this up is that looks like Donkey Kong in the back, but what if the area of the trees in the middle left, is all of Nintendo Land. Donkey Kong wraps around behind SLOF and that arena is part of Nintendo Land.

View attachment 395840View attachment 395842
The art is intentionally misleading.

Timothy_Q

It's already been said on the InsideUniversal forum that the Nintendo-looking elements were intentionally removed from this art.

Including Peach's Castle at the entrance and desaturating the colors.

It's Nintendo

seascape

Universal is not going to sign on to paying for Star Terk IP when the own Battlestar Galactica. You want space battles look at the Cylons. Their evil is actually better than it is Star Wars. It does not matter if the story is not as well know because what matters is the themepark ride and immersion.

Tom Morrow

Personally, I hate this argument. Who cares if a theme park has a central story? It's a THEME PARK. People go here to ride stuff and experience an immersive park.
I have no doubt that the individual lands in this park will be immersive. But as the entire industry moves away from overarching cohesive themes for parks toward specific IP collections, you almost have to ask, what's the point of creating different new parks if all they're going to be is IP Collection #1, IP Collection #2, etc.

lazyboy97o

I have no doubt that the individual lands in this park will be immersive. But as the entire industry moves away from overarching cohesive themes for parks toward specific IP collections, you almost have to ask, what's the point of creating different new parks if all they're going to be is IP Collection #1, IP Collection #2, etc.
And it’s even more of a question when some of these properties are found in the different parks. The Wizarding World will be in all three parks. There are plans for Nintendo in all three parks.* Will the Monsters completely vacate Universal Studios Florida for this park?

*I personally don’t consider Nintendo a singular property, but it seems plenty do with the continued wishing for The Legend of Zelda and Pokémon to be lumped into Super Nintendo World.

flynnibus

Premium Member
you almost have to ask, what's the point of creating different new parks if all they're going to be is IP Collection #1, IP Collection #2, etc.

The ability to say "You are paying for 2 parks.. and 2 parks should cost more than a ticket to one park" and "you want to stay longer.. because it takes more time to visit 3 parks than 2..." etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rich Brownn

Universal is not going to sign on to paying for Star Terk IP when the own Battlestar Galactica. You want space battles look at the Cylons. Their evil is actually better than it is Star Wars. It does not matter if the story is not as well know because what matters is the themepark ride and immersion.
I'd say 70% of the public only knows BG from its 1979-1980 incarnation and not the much better cable version. The original BG rapidly deteriorated into a truly awful sci-fi show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom