Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Andrew25

Replacing the Monsters indoor theater show with a short family spinning coaster is such a disappointing decision, especially in a park that already has another 2 family coasters

Disappointed as well, but apparently the concept never really worked and Universal's track record of keeping theaters open isn't the best lol

We are getting 2 other stage shows, plus a nighttime show... so not too mad about it.

J4546

Replacing the Monsters indoor theater show with a short family spinning coaster is such a disappointing decision, especially in a park that already has another 2 family coasters
Oh I didn't know the coaster replaced the theater....damn. I'd much rather have a monsters theater.

SplashJacket

I think it’ll be better than we’re expecting, but I have very very low expectations so that’s not exactly saying much.

That said, I was legitimately thinking the same thing a couple days ago. The park already has two family coasters, and this doesn’t necessarily seem like a lower thrill level, so not really sure what the point was.

celluloid

The theater was always on the rocks. At one point it was just going to be another expansion plot, after the theater in the concept art was no longer a go. So at least this is something over nothing. If an attraction does not stick it can always change later. Trying to look at a bright side there.

Vegas Disney Fan

The theater was always on the rocks. At one point it was just going to be another expansion plot, after the theater in the concept art was no longer a go. So at least this is something over nothing. If an attraction does not stick it can always change later. Trying to look at a bright side there.

With the barn being the only additional theming this almost feels like a temporary fix, it’s a ride people will enjoy but not something that would prohibit a more elaborate ride going there in the future.

As if it’s meant to be an expansion pad but they’re utilizing it rather than keeping it empty.

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial look at track so far in dual-racing roller coaster at Universal's Epic Universe.
1677271659386.png

Poseidon Quest

The first launch and swing launches should both be filled out with show scenes

That's what seems redeeming about this. I was generally uninterested in this coaster until I heard that. If the swing results in seeing a progressively transforming Wolf Man, I'll be quite happy. The park seems to have a lot of attractions I felt "meh" about at first, but the more details are leaked, the more I realize there could be a lot of cool things going on here.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The two main HtTYD statues are pretty much in their final form and we can see they match the movie perfectly. And yet an 'insider' says that land may become LotR?

LOL

Disneyhead'71

There is a rumor that Universal Creative has a LotR "proof of concept" drawn up for the large expansion pad between the hub dueling coaster and Potter. That kind of thing is used when pitching a project to higher ups in the company and rights holders to gain access to an IP. But "proof of concept" is far from what actually gets built.

Here is an image from the proof of concept that UC took to Nintendo. As you can see, it is very different from what they eventually built.

super_nintendo_world_gary_snyder_leak_pic_1.jpeg

I have also heard they have an older LotR proof of concept for Toon Lagoon at IOA.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

There is a rumor that Universal Creative has a LotR "proof of concept" drawn up for the large expansion pad between the hub dueling coaster and Potter. That kind of thing is used when pitching a project to higher ups in the company and rights holders to gain access to an IP. But "proof of concept" is far from what actually gets built.

Here is an image from the proof of concept that UC took to Nintendo. As you can see, it is very different from what they eventually built.

super_nintendo_world_gary_snyder_leak_pic_1.jpeg

I have also heard they have an older LotR proof of concept for Toon Lagoon at IOA.
They would be remiss if they didn't do these

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom