Universal's Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex Opens 2023)

The Real Buzz Lightyear

In the Parks
No
Advertisement
Rumors are circulating about Fantastic Beasts being replaced by general Potter stuff. Makes a ton of sense, Fantastic Beasts isn't doing too well as a franchise. Now we might finally get the British Ministry of Magic.
I don't honestly believe that. The plans are in place. We could see stuff cut but not the entire theme replaced. I'm thinking the Drop Tower Ride and Dueling Space Coaster could be cut. But I think the lands and theme are locked in place.

Lintemuthstudios

I don't honestly believe that. The plans are in place. We could see stuff cut but not the entire theme replaced. I'm thinking the Drop Tower Ride and Dueling Space Coaster could be cut. But I think the lands and theme are locked in place.
The lands' layout and rides would remain the same, it would just be modified to be themed around regular Potter stuff. The French Ministry from the Fantastic Beasts films would become the British Ministry from the Potter films, the surrounding buildings will be themed to London, etc.

lazyboy97o

Someone applied for a FOIA for docs. The county accidentally released a doc that has emergency egress data that should not have been released. The county is asking everyone to remove the image for safety reasons.
Two things wrong with this. First, emergency egress is exactly the sort of thing the public needs to know and buildings are filled with big red or green signs identifying such egress. Second, the site plan didn’t show egress. The diagrams showed hose distances for fire fighter access, something that isn’t really much of a secret as there are public code requirements that must be met.

Lintemuthstudios

They aren't going to build a second Potter land set in London.
I don't think Universal will really care about having two London's, especially when Diagon Alley isn't branded as Wizarding World of Harry Potter: London, it's branded as Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon Alley.

The next one could simply be named Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Ministry of Magic.

lebeau

I don't think Universal will really care about having two London's, especially when Diagon Alley isn't branded as Wizarding World of Harry Potter: London, it's branded as Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon Alley.

The next one could simply be named Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Ministry of Magic.
And you're basing this on what exactly?

Rich Brownn

The only issue I see with that is both London and Diagon Alley are areas of the Wizarding World. MoM is a place. It would be like calling Diagon Alley The Wizarding World: Gringott's Bank.

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

2h

Aerial view of activity today in the staging yard for the unannounced Jurassic Park roller coaster.
1588623812340.png
Aerial look at infrastructure work in Unviersal's Epic Universe site. Top right is an area already approved for warehouses, offices, along Sand Lake Rd.
1588623837643.png
Aerial look inside Universal's Epic Universe construction site today. Arrow at a single palm tree planted long ago. Only Universal knows what this palm tree represents.
1588623872162.png
Aerial overview of Universal's Epic Universe construction site, with infrastructure in progress. Camera looking south. Arrow at the easement for extension of Kirkman Rd.
1588623898240.png

JT3000

I'm basing it on the fact that USF is based around Diagon Alley, not London. Having us explore London in the new park wouldn't be confusing.
Confusing? No. Redundant? Yes. Don't you think the best location for such a land would be NYC? And yet that wasn't their choice either. Why? Redundancy.

lebeau

I'm basing it on the fact that USF is based around Diagon Alley, not London. Having us explore London in the new park wouldn't be confusing.
Something tells me JK Rowling wouldn't agree with your assessment. There is nothing to support your concept. It's pure speculation. That's fine, but let's not act like this is a legitimate possibility.

Top Bottom